80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys,

First and foremost, I am NOT opening for orders quite yet. Unfortunately, things have been going a little slower than I would have liked, but here’s an update.

Kit upgrades for the 2020 batch:
The kits are getting CNC cut gusset plates, wheel plates, latch plates, end caps, etc. so there will be minor aesthetic changes. This will also lighten the kits up a tiny bit as they were previously right around 75lbs (which is the upper limit for shipping).

Pricing update:
Costs have risen across the board this year and with the addition of CNC cutting parts, the new price per kit will be $675/kit + shipping.
The Hi-Lift mounting kit is still an additional $15.

Lead time:
It's looking like I can have this batch of kits out the door within 4-6 weeks, but generally I am quicker than what I estimate, but this is a much larger batch so we'll see.

Deposits:
They are increasing to $175 per kit (so $500 + shipping will be due at time of shipping).

I will be opening for deposits sometime this week.

Can’t wait

Definitely interested as well - i'll be following when the next deposit goes live!

Hey everyone!

I am now opening up for orders on the 2020 batch of swing out kits. Please contact me via PM to place a deposit and secure your spot in this batch.

In case you didn't see the last update post, here's what's new for this batch.

The kits are getting CNC cut gusset plates, wheel plates, latch plates, end caps, etc. so there will be minor aesthetic changes. This will also lighten the kits up a tiny bit as they were previously right around 75lbs.

Pricing update:
Costs have risen across the board this year and with the addition of CNC cutting parts, the new price per kit will be $675/kit + shipping.

Lead time:
It's looking like I can have this batch of kits out the door within 4-6 weeks, but generally I am quicker than what I estimate, but this is a much larger batch so we'll see.

Deposits:
They are increasing to $175 per kit (so $500 ($515 w/ hi-lift mounting parts) + shipping will be due at time of shipping).
swingouts.JPG

Last edited:
Please PM me re: sending a deposit & shipping estimate to 59715. Thanks

Hey guys,

First and foremost, I am NOT opening for orders quite yet. Unfortunately, things have been going a little slower than I would have liked, but here’s an update.

The kits are getting CNC cut gusset plates, wheel plates, latch plates, end caps, etc. so there will be minor aesthetic changes. This will also lighten the kits up a tiny bit as they were previously right around 75lbs (which is the upper limit for shipping).

Pricing update:

Lead time:

Deposits:
They are increasing to $175 per kit (so $500 + shipping will be due at time of shipping).

I will be opening for deposits sometime this week.
Hey everyone!

I am now opening up for orders on the 2020 batch of swing out kits. Please contact me via PM to place a deposit and secure your spot in this batch.

In case you didn't see the last update post, here's what's new for this batch.

View attachment 2190853
Sent you a message. Ready to send you deposit.

Hi. I am me w to this site but would like to get information on your tire holder. Can it be purchased already fabricated or just DIY kit . I am interested in ordering and would like to know what is the total price of the kit and required down payment. Thank you.

Hi. I am me w to this site but would like to get information on your tire holder. Can it be purchased already fabricated or just DIY kit . I am interested in ordering and would like to know what is the total price of the kit and required down payment. Thank you.

Just a DIY kit unless you're interested in a local installation, but seeing that you're in WA, I would say there is a slim chance of that happening.

Kits have sold out! Thank you to everyone who has placed a deposit. I'll be in touch within the next several weeks.

Have you wanted a better way to store a tire on your rig without sacrificing precious interior cargo space or rear departure clearance? Unwilling to spend $1000+ for a heavy swing out bumper just to carry a larger spare tire?

Introducing the Summit Cruisers factory bumper swing out kit. This kit includes the parts and instructions you need to build a rear tire swing carrier for your vehicle while utilizing the OEM rear bumper.

View attachment 1274684

View attachment 1274686

View attachment 1274687

View attachment 1274696

View attachment 1274689

Pros

Heavy duty 1 3/4" spindle with grease zerks

Gas strut assistance

No need to install auxiliary tail lights

Extremely robust and stable design

Lighter weight alternative to a heavy rear bumper

Less expensive alternative to a heavy steel bumper

The tire swing out is available for either side of the vehicle

Does not attach to the body of the vehicle like the oem style. Keeps body smooth and rust free.

General Information

For kits sold before January 2018, those are Version 1.

Kits sold from January 2018 to current are Version 2.

Details for Version 2 can be found on page 12.

These are built in batches and then modified for the side chosen once the deposit is paid. I do not build these to order. Once they are gone, I won't have any more available until I have time to build more.

As this is a kit, welding is required. All pieces to build the tire swing out are included along with a license plate extension bracket. Auxiliary bumper lights not included. The receiver relocation kit is not available. A latch plate that bolts into the pintle hitch mount will be included. Cooler/jerry can baskets are not available. Some tools/hardware are needed to finish this kit.

*This kit is designed around holding a 6 lug OEM 16x8 wheel with a 35x12.5" tire. It also works with the 17x7.5" FJ Cruiser/4Runner wheels with more backspacing.

Starting at $520+ shipping (PM me for shipping outside of the US)

$100 non refundable deposit required. Let me know which side you would like the swing out to go on when you submit your deposit. From that point, the kit should be in your possession in under 2 weeks. Rest of payment due before shipping.

(PM me to confirm your information and for placing a deposit)

Paypal or cash if local to Oklahoma City, OK.
Where did you source the brake lights that are on the mounted under the swingout?! look clean!

1 un-designated kit has become available. PM me if interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom