80 series Everything went dead, gauges/AC/windows/door locks/sunroof. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My dash gauges, tack, speedo, fuel gauge, voltage gauge, AC, windows, door lock all went out at the same time. Any suggestions?

My dash gauges, tack, speedo, fuel gauge, voltage gauge, AC, windows, door lock all went out at the same time. Any suggestions?
GAUGE fuse by your left knee.

Check fusible links attached to the positive battery post under the hood.

Headgasket for sure

Replace fusible link. If old one good (probably not) keep for spare.

If you didn't check fusible link for continuity (just visually checked it) then you don't know if it is good.
fusible link 2.jpg

Oh and by the way the truck still starts and runs fine. however i don't have overdrive either.

Thank you! I undid that. can't tell if it's blown or not. Where is the fuse part of this? it just looks like a connector.

A fusible link is a low voltage wire (in this case three). It acts as a 'slow blow' fuse. IF there is an overload or short the internal wire will break continuity saving the rest of the circuitry (hopefully). That is why just looking at one doesn't tell you much. They can fail is spectacular way (insulation and wire melted), no doubt what happened. Or can fail such that only testing with a multi meter will tell.

Did you actually check the guage fuse with a multimeter or just visual? I have had a fuse or 2 pass visual but not the multimeter.

Here is a cursory check of all 3 fusible links in system:
This assumes a stock configuration.

Dome lights working?
Brake lights working?
When you turn the key to ON does the CHARGE LAMP light up?

If yes to all 3, then all 3 fusible links are intact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom