80-series Bumper Mount Tire Carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Suggestion:

I know its in production right now but...

I would drill 2 holes on the opposite side of the mount, for future left side swingout upgrades, which you will probably offer.

Great idea, done. Will come with holes mounted on both sides.

Thanks FLANK!! I see I am number 21 on the list. Did not get an PM back from you and was wondering if you saw the message.

Am ready to send the money via paypay (if they let that cost go through) for the powdercoated shipped version (including $100 estimated shipping to New England).

You might want to check alternative shipping strategy, and i will do the same. I have a shipping discount that might save my 30% to 50% on shipping. If I can work out the logistics. 1) FEDX ground slow can be pretty cheap with a discount 2) Using a company like OLD DOMINION to ship out heavy objects like tires can be less expensive.

All depends on the trouble of arranging it all. If I arrange shipping I will just give you an account number, and a shipping transaction number. then your manufacture just calls for pick up. Hopefully.

Can you give me the measurements (longest length, width, height) and weight? I will post back what I find out.

I have a pintle hitch already bolted to the back location of where this tire carrier will bolt up to.

Will assume that I need longer bolts, to go through the existing pintle hitch, and the tire carrier both? If they will mate-fit and can both be bolted up at the same time.

I have a pintle hitch already bolted to the back location of where this tire carrier will bolt up to.

Will assume that I need longer bolts, to go through the existing pintle hitch, and the tire carrier both? If they will mate-fit and can both be bolted up at the same time.

Is your pintle hitch narrow enough to fit between the two side rails? The bead of the weld looks like it might be tight.

Hope the picture came through
image-2611433227.jpg

I sent a PM to get on the list for one of these. :clap:

I was also wondering how stable it is while driving or off road, any movement or bouncing around ?

I've wheeled with it quite a bit, and it has proved very stable. My intention for the design and caliber of materials was for wheeling. Well, i built it to go, not just for show, and I kind of over built it to make sure that it was strong enough.

Flank....do you have a side profile picture, that might give a better indication of the departure angle?

I'm on the road right now, but this is what I have on hand from the original build thread - as you can see, the hitch hangs just below the bumper, measure down 2 1/2" from the bumper, that's your clearance. It is about the same drop from the bumper as the tow hooks.

We all know the stock bumper has crap clearance, but it is certainly better without the tire underneath...:grinpimp:
attachment.jpg

Done, Pruboy, will PM you tonight!
Josh.

tire & gas/water swingout

Flank, very nice design and interested in the swingout tire carrier with receiver and drilled on the left for left side swingout.

Do you have the left side gas/water can swingout design worked out yet? It would be nice to be able to mount 3 gas/water cans/containers positioned front to back and placed side by side.

Any idea on price on left swingout and could there be any money savings when purchasing the complete setup? Powder coating could also be less if done in larger lots?

Mounting the cans low right on the swingout arm will minimize movement and stress on the pivot axle even with the weight of 15 gals. of fuel or water being heavier @ 8 lbs. per gal.

I've personally seen a #1000 lb. pivot axle snap off when the weight is high and allowed to vibrate front to back offroad while on the Mojave Road last year.

Please let me know where I'm on the list and I would drive out to pickup.

Flank - where do we stand with this at this point? Have not heard or seen posts to this thread for a month.

This has been an exercise in patience - yours and mine. I asked my fabricator to have the first 5 done by August first, and here we are at the 19th, they are not done. He has run into project time over runs and a compressor failure prohibiting him from using his cutting table for making the parts. This is exactly the reason I was hesitant to promise a delivery date. As soon as I hear something, you all will.:bang:

Update

I am sorry to say that after waiting for two months for my fabricator to kick out the first 10 units, I got on his case a bit and learned nothing has happened. He is having some personal issues that have reduced his shop time and has also been in the process of moving shop locations due to a foreclosure in the building his shop was in.

I am waiting to hear when he will start up again, but for now have pulled my hardware and money that I prepaid out of his control. I am researching a new partner, but also may pick up with this guy as well when he can produce again, as he has the carrier jigged out already.

It is frustrating and a shame, because he does really nice work and has his own plasma table to make some nice pieces. It is also tough to find a shop that will make what I want for a price that allows me to keep the pricing structure that I am trying to maintain. More info to come as I get some...

I'm also interested. Have you considered copyrighting and selling the plans. Just a thought.

I'm in for one if you can add me to the list! I'm in no hurry, but my shipping might change due to moving in the near future. I'll send you a PM also!

Cheers

kevin

I'm in for one if you can add me to the list! I'm in no hurry, but my shipping might change due to moving in the near future. I'll send you a PM also!

Cheers

kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom