80 Color Questions (trying to narrow the search) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

I am looking for a 93+ FZJ80 and having a VERY hard time finding the color combo that i want.

I am looking for either a charcoal grey or solid silver Exterior (no tow tone) with a solid grey interior (preferably cloth, but would take leather if the right color).

Seems all the grey FZJ80's i am coming across have TAN interior which i am not interested in.

My "Ideal" rig would be a Charcoal Exterior with Grey CLOTH interior (i have seen ONE 93 like this, but it was BEAT.

The 91 FJ80 i had, had the perfect combo, but the exterior charcoal grey/blue was only used in 91/92 i think.

What year did they eliminate the cloth? Or did they?

I have read the FAQ and the Slee Newbie quide with no luck

Can anyone chime in here?

Cloth was available up till 97 however it in the later years it is more rare than the lockers. Also it seems that most cloth 80's were also converted into leather at the dealer or by a previous owner which really gets me.

I too wanted cloth when I was looking for an 80, but settled on leather since I came to the realization that it was next to impossible to find a later year 80 with cloth and lockers. You might have better luck with the 93-94 cruisers on cloth, but I'm not certain.

I don't think there are any solid Silver ones, so that narrows your search even more.

Cloth interiors are out there but uncommon after 92 and less and less common as the years progressed. Probably nearly impossible to find a 96 or 97 with cloth interior. FZJ80s were clearly positioned as a luxury vehicle in the US and most people wanted leather interior for the hefty price tag. Dealers made more money on fully-loaded trucks, and cloth interior'd ones probably stayed longer at the dealers. Hence, finding one is going to be difficult. I've seen two different 95's with cloth interior, one at a dealership in MD and another at a club meeting in AZ. I also saw one '96 one here in TX, a buddy from the office was looking for one and we went to check this one out. It was a rare puppy, had one of those two toned paint jobs like the early FJ80's, looked original. My buddy passed on it and I have no clue what happened to that Cruiser, I never see it around anymore.

Darwood said:
Cloth was available up till 97 however it in the later years it is more rare than the lockers. Also it seems that most cloth 80's were also converted into leather at the dealer or by a previous owner which really gets me.

I too wanted cloth when I was looking for an 80, but settled on leather since I came to the realization that it was next to impossible to find a later year 80 with cloth and lockers. You might have better luck with the 93-94 cruisers on cloth, but I'm not certain.

Thanks for the info. And yes, i have seen MANY more 93-94's with cloth then the newer ones.

Exiled said:
I don't think there are any solid Silver ones, so that narrows your search even more.

Hmmm, you sure? I have seen at least 2 locally, not a LIGHT silver, but not a charcoal either. Not sure what the color is actually called.

Thanks

I know the charcoal was available in 91/92 and 95. I think it was available in 96 and 97 too. I'm almost certain I've seen a 97 in that color. The early FJ80 charcoal is darker than the later charcoal. Maybe the later charcoal has a pearl or more metallic but it is definitely different?

You will have a tough time finding lockers with cloth. The one exception is 93/94 beige metallic had cloth with lockers because the only color leather in 93/94 was gray. All the other colors were available with grey leather or grey cloth.

I've never seen a charcoal grey 80 with grey leather interior. I did see a 96 charcoal with grey cloth. And it did have lockers. Supposedly it was a special order, even though I know that there were no special order Cruisers. I'm guessing the dealer swapped the interior. It was for some rich guy in Scum Valley, Idaho.

I was thinking I saw a 97 LX450 in all silver with grey leather but I might be mistaken about the interior color. I seem to remember that all the LXs had oak interior.

Good luck! If I happen across somethign I'll let you know.

Boston Mangler said:
I am looking for either a charcoal grey or solid silver Exterior (no tow tone) with a solid grey interior (preferably cloth, but would take leather if the right color).

My "Ideal" rig would be a Charcoal Exterior with Grey CLOTH

DAMN your not a picky byatch are u????????????????? :flipoff2:

When I was looking for my 80 I was going for the cloth interior with diff locks--good luck amigo :flipoff2: What I did come to realize is the leather seat is much more comfortable--go this route and buy seat covers. I have caught a few of your posts and if I were you I would go for the best condition with lockers and not worry about the color. I ended up with a green one with full service records and lockers---Mine now sports a ton of white pin stripes--apparently is the primer color. My first choice was a blue or grey---after some trail rash I doubt it will matter.

reffug said:
DAMN your not a picky byatch are u????????????????? :flipoff2:

Hell Yes!

Since you're being picky about colors, you can exclude LX 450s in your search. I'm fairly certain that grey (light or charcoal) was not a color option and tan leather is all you're going to find in the LX 450.

According to the Lexus brochure I have, LX450 comes in a light metallic silver color called Champagne Pearl. All LX450 comes with the lower cladding in a darker grey color (charcoal). Only interior color was called ivory leather (oak)

I've never even seen a >92 Silver or charcoal grey land cruiser.

I've seen the butt ugly bluish-gray is that what we're talking about?

BTW get ready for a bidding war on that particular cruiser.

30,000 cruiser between 93 - 97 = 150,000

150,000 x lockers (7%) = 10,500

10,500 x cloth(10%) = 1050

1050 x grey cloth(20%) = 210

210 x silver(1%) = 2.1

Considering that sometimes grey, sometimes silver, sometimes cloth, sometimes leather, I'd say that maybe 20 were built.

And now that you've advertised your intentions on the largest land cruiser board in the world you might as well prewrite a check for $50,000.

97 FZJ80 said:
According to the Lexus brochure I have, LX450 comes in a light metallic silver color called Champagne Pearl. All LX450 comes with the lower cladding in a darker grey color (charcoal). Only interior color was called ivory leather (oak)

I stand corrected on the Champagne Pearl (light metallic silver).

The color selections for the LX 450 were Black Onyx, Champagne Pearl, Cashmere Beige Metallic, Dark Emerald Pearl and White

I honestly don't recall seeing a light metallic silver 450 in person, so I'm not sure of the color of the cladding, but the cladding is not a darker grey color on all LX 450s.

The color most closely matches the body color of the Cashmere Beige Metallic body color for the White and Cashmere Beige Metallic colored vehicles. The Black Onyx, I believe has either a black colored cladding or a very dark charcoal colored cladding.

The Silver LXs were all Silver. I don't know what the fancy name for it was, I guess if Doug says it is Champagne Pearl that is what it was. I've only ever seen one. It was a 96. Actually I take that back I've seen two.

Both the silver (champagne pearl), white, and gold (cashmere beige) color have a darker silver/gray color cladding. The paint cladding has some yellow tone in it (like a darker cashmere color), depending on the light condition. The black and emerald color have a even darker gray (charcoal) cladding.

The silver colored LX are rare, but not that rare. The color is often mistaken for the cashmere color, especially under certain lighting conditions.

Found the below 93' on Autotrader which looks like charcoal grey with grey leather...could always put seat covers on as I did on my 96' in Moonglow Pearl with grey leather.
grey.jpg

My brother has a silver 97 CE, I believe it has the two tone leather interior. So the silver does exist, but like everybody else says, cloth is hard to come by. There is a forest green 94 for sale with cloth on http://www.tlc4x4.com/2000/Sales/StockList/stock.html for $12.5K w/180K. (I know I know way too much $$$)

Last edited:
LX_TREME said:
:rolleyes:
It called Silver Cashmere Metallic -> 1B1 :flipoff2:

According to the LX450 brochure, the silver color is called Champagne Pearl. :confused: The Cashmere Beige Metallic is the yellowish golden color.

The lower cladding paint code is C14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom