80 Color Questions (trying to narrow the search) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was gung-ho for cloth as well. In 6 months of looking, the only one I saw was a charcoal 95 with grey cloth, lockers, and a supercharger. The perfect cruiser were it not for the fact that the guy wouldn't budge from 25K. Haven't seen another since...

Chris

LX_TREME said:
:flipoff2:
Yes i was just trying to make the guy lil confused since he's being too picky :flipoff2:

What is the big deal about leather seats? It's not like it adds any weight to the vehicle than cloth nor makes it less wheelable. Besides, mud wipes off of leather much easier than cloth. :cool:

97 FZJ80 said:
What is the big deal about leather seats?

Leather in the desert makes my a$$ sweat :flipoff2:

97 FZJ80 said:
What is the big deal about leather seats? It's not like it adds any weight to the vehicle than cloth nor makes it less wheelable. Besides, mud wipes off of leather much easier than cloth. :cool:

LC leather is CRAP! The LX leather is nicer. I think the 40th might have the same leather. I'm comparing it to other makes leather. Saab, GM, and Ford have similar crappy leather. BMW, Benz, Lexus have much better leather.

For me it has nothing to do with the actual seating surface though. I would have been happy with the crappy leather if I could have found one with it. But now that I have the cloth I really like it because the seats are more comfortable to me. My 91's seats sucked. But the 94 cloth seats are very comfortable and with long legs I enjoy the extra leg room.

My wife prefers the LX interior to our cloth. It is nice. But I still have less leg room so on a long trip I'd prefer the cloth.

PACNW96 said:
Found the below 93' on Autotrader which looks like charcoal grey with grey leather...could always put seat covers on as I did on my 96' in Moonglow Pearl with grey leather.

Thanks, where is that?? Link?

Well, i also dig the 95 only (i think) darkish blue, that is very nice too! Seen 2 of those with cloth in my search (both were sold before i got to em)

Grey or Blue are the only ones i will get

Thanks

My brother's '97 is blue with gray leather, don't see many like it.

6-10-2005_3.jpg

Tools R Us said:
My brother's '97 is blue with gray leather, don't see many like it.

Yup! Very Nice Combo Indeed!!

And I thought I WAS PICKY! I had in mind "my perfect" color combo, but reality (read availability) dictated that getting an excellent low mileage 80 was the real goal, and I am happy with what I bought......

Good luck.

I think you would have better luck finding a rich hottie, crazy about cruisers, that thinks you're good looking! :flipoff2: (What are those odds?) :flipoff2:

My 80 is a beautiful metallic gray (even the body guy swoons over it) with a mid-gray leather interior. Exterior hides dirt well and when washed, the shine is soooo deep, dragonflies hover over it thinking my hood is a pool of water - no kidding! I've always loved silver and gray cars - silver/blue is also nice.

BOUNDER said:
My 80 is a beautiful metallic gray (even the body guy swoons over it) with a mid-gray leather interior. Exterior hides dirt well and when washed, the shine is soooo deep, dragonflies hover over it thinking my hood is a pool of water - no kidding! I've always loved silver and gray cars - silver/blue is also nice.

Got pics?

BTW get ready for a bidding war on that particular cruiser.

30,000 cruiser between 93 - 97 = 150,000

150,000 x lockers (7%) = 10,500

10,500 x cloth(10%) = 1050

1050 x grey cloth(20%) = 210

210 x silver(1%) = 2.1

Ultimauk,

If you don't mind, where did you get your data for the stats between 93-97?

Boston Mangler said:
THIS is the exact color i am looking for:

Anyone know if this ever came with grey INTERIOR?

Also, what is this color called? This is the color that i WAS calling silver!
As mentioned earlier, that color is Moonglow Pearl. Tyler has that color but with a beige interior.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=32259

Boston Mangler- not to discourage you, but I'd keep at least 2 possible color choices in mind when searching, esp. if you intend to find a locked, cloth, low miles 80. What you are looking for would probably be hard to get even if you were buying one new in '97! :)

alaskacruiser said:
Boston Mangler- not to discourage you, but I'd keep at least 2 possible color choices in mind when searching, esp. if you intend to find a locked, cloth, low miles 80. What you are looking for would probably be hard to get even if you were buying one new in '97! :)

Yes, i am looking for either "Moonglow Pearl" or the Blue from 95

Lockers, Condition, maintenance, mileage, color. In that order is how I looked at mine when I bought it.
Absolutely had to have lockers. Overall condition gives an idea how it was looked after. Good maintenance history if available. Milage as low as possible, but one in great condition with good maintenance is better than low mileage and poorly maintained. As for color, you are buying a vehicle NOT a color. Luckly 80s never really came in any butt ugly combos. Asa for the cloth, just cover the leather.
Cheers,
Sean

I can't remember seeing Moonglow Pearl in person but I would imagine it looking much different with different lighting and under camera flash. Looks like a tough color to match for a body shop too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom