80 Color Questions (trying to narrow the search) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boston Mangler said:
Yes, i am looking for either "Moonglow Pearl" or the Blue from 95

Ah yes, the butt ugly "moonglow" blue.

Have you seen colour that in person? I can't imagine a person liking that colour "moonglow" and the other blue. I had a chance to buy a ?1994 "moonglow" in Denver, ~145k, lockers, and a minor rear bumper mishap, for $5000. After driving for close to 1000 miles, I spent about 3 minutes on the colour and drove away.

IMO (and I don't even like the colour blue) the basic blue is rare and quite good looking, if not the best colour of all.

Silver = rare

Blue = well a blue moon

arcteryx said:
Ultimauk,

If you don't mind, where did you get your data for the stats between 93-97?

30,000 cruiser between 93 - 97 = 150,000 'just a guess from this board depending on year 30k to 40k

150,000 x lockers (7%) = 10,500 ' this number has been stated here many times

10,500 x cloth(10%) = 1050 'I look a cruises all the time and this is my opinion, almost always >94 = leather and 93 - 94 = 30% cloth

1050 x grey cloth(20%) = 210 ' see above, I aways see green LC with brown cloth' very, very rare do I see grey cloth

210 x silver(1%) = 2.1 'silver and blue are my favorite LC colours, after seeing 100's of these a year I happen upon these colours (silver 2 - 3 times a year, Blue once in 2 years in NM, I even stopped to talk to that lady)

MTNRAT said:
... Luckly 80s never really came in any butt ugly combos.
Uhhhhh... off the top of my head... moonglow, champagne, teal pearl, light blue pearl and that brown pearl metalic from the early 90's that looks like a mix of gold dust and sweet potatos processed through a newborn.

I guess I'm simple... I'll take mine in white please!

ElJefe said:
Uhhhhh... off the top of my head... moonglow, champagne, teal pearl, light blue pearl and that brown pearl metalic from the early 90's that looks like a mix of gold dust and sweet potatos processed through a newborn.

I guess I'm simple... I'll take mine in white please!

There's something evil about the white ones.

Each and everyone that I looked at came in two categories,

1) POS, rusted, lockers didn't work, dented, and did I say rusted, price = moderate

2) Absolutely perfect, taken well care of, everything basically worked as expected price = left testicle, first born son, and heavenly gate pass.

You just can't win with the white ones.

ultimauk said:
Ah yes, the butt ugly "moonglow" blue.

Have you seen colour that in person? I can't imagine a person liking that colour "moonglow" and the other blue. I had a chance to buy a ?1994 "moonglow" in Denver, ~145k, lockers, and a minor rear bumper mishap, for $5000. After driving for close to 1000 miles, I spent about 3 minutes on the colour and drove away.

IMO (and I don't even like the colour blue) the basic blue is rare and quite good looking, if not the best colour of all.

For each is own man! I personally hate a few colors as well, but dont go ragging on people that like them!

As for not buying that rig for 5k, what are you trying to prove? That you wasted a good 1000 mile trip and could of EASILY made 3-4k on that rig and had more $ for your mods on your ideal one?

Originally Posted by Boston Mangler
THIS is the exact color i am looking for:

Anyone know if this ever came with grey INTERIOR?

Also, what is this color called? This is the color that i WAS calling silver!
The color is Moonglow Pearl as previously stated above. I have a 96' in Moonglow Pearl with Grey Interior. My favorite color and color scheme by far.

Best of luck,

Russell :cheers:

Mine is the same color as the one Tool R Us posted. Any idea what the color is called?

I searched forever to get one in this color and with lockers.

Also, mine has cloth.

What about the one in Chicago? They called me last week to see if I was still interested. I am partial to Burgandy so I declined. I must admit I was warming up to the color. The first salesman was very hands off so I had time to be around the vehicle to actually make an offer. The owner of the lot really wanted to make a deal and believe he would it go for under $14500.00. I have been very partial to Burgandy and have been looking for 6 months or else I would've made a counter offer.

Boston Mangler said:
For each is own man! I personally hate a few colors as well, but dont go ragging on people that like them!

As for not buying that rig for 5k, what are you trying to prove? That you wasted a good 1000 mile trip and could of EASILY made 3-4k on that rig and had more $ for your mods on your ideal one?

I was just noting that you have extreme opposites in your desires. :whoops:

BTW, what prize did you win on the end of your finger?

ultimauk said:
30,000 cruiser between 93 - 97 = 150,000 'just a guess from this board depending on year 30k to 40k

150,000 x lockers (7%) = 10,500 ' this number has been stated here many times

10,500 x cloth(10%) = 1050 'I look a cruises all the time and this is my opinion, almost always >94 = leather and 93 - 94 = 30% cloth

1050 x grey cloth(20%) = 210 ' see above, I aways see green LC with brown cloth' very, very rare do I see grey cloth

210 x silver(1%) = 2.1 'silver and blue are my favorite LC colours, after seeing 100's of these a year I happen upon these colours (silver 2 - 3 times a year, Blue once in 2 years in NM, I even stopped to talk to that lady)

Are you suggesting 150,000 93-97 80 series cruisers imported into the US?

If that is the case you are not correct. It was 58,419 and 14,280 LX450's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom