8-Track (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Every year I get stuck on some sort of cruiser fetish. Last year it was 40 A/C units. This year it got even weirder. I've managed to get hooked on Toyota 8-tracks. I have one in my 40 currently. So today this showed up on my doorstep. I think I'm just going to put it in the closet and hold out for the day I get my stock 40.

So what old school electronics do you hoard?
image-1376519774.jpg
image-2117349437.jpg
image-161011301.jpg
image-4280799279.jpg
image-1127279455.jpg
image-2754447613.jpg
image-2958869996.jpg

I have a cassette player in my 84. I pick cassettes at garage sales for pennies, one guy just gave me all he had.

Any ideas where you are going to get 8-tracks? They only lasted few weeks back in the day, it's hard to imagine any still survive.

that's too cool.

I would love to get my hands on some OEM Toyota stereo equipment, I'm happy for your score with that 8-track and future aspirations, Trollhole!

aaah, the memories.... :)

You would be surprised. I've got quite a collection.
I tip my hat to you sir, i thought I was the world worst pack rat but I now realize I am but a novice. :flipoff2:

There is a guy in Fort Worth that fixes 8-tracks and recorders. MIke

I just picked one of these up. Could you possible post up a picture of the wiring page in the manual, I am not exactly sure what hooks to what. Also do you have any pics of where these have been mounted? Guy I got mind from said it was on the left of the steering column.

I don't know if this counts as hoarding, but I'm still using the Panasonic boom box I bought in 1982 out in my garage. It's a nice unit, the speakers separate and there are I/O RCA jacks - so I've also got a late 90's Gateway PC speaker system running through it as well. 2 regular speakers, 2 tweeters, and a separate sub-type speaker - sounds great and still kicking....

HI, Could I also ask you post up the manual if possible . Thanks, Mike

Retro wow! Last 8-track I owned was in college in the late 70's!

If you ever feel like passing that one along- I would be extremely interested in buying to put into my '79 RA40!

Every year I get stuck on some sort of cruiser fetish. Last year it was 40 A/C units. This year it got even weirder. I've managed to get hooked on Toyota 8-tracks. I have one in my 40 currently. So today this showed up on my doorstep. I think I'm just going to put it in the closet and hold out for the day I get my stock 40.

So what old school electronics do you hoard?
View attachment 579356View attachment 579359View attachment 579360View attachment 579361View attachment 579362View attachment 579363View attachment 579364
Sadly enough I can remember when an 8 Track was “state of the art”. I had a friend in high school whose parents bought him a new Camaro with an 8 Track. His “coolness” went off-scale.

If I had a song list, would you like me to fax that over to you, or just send it over by dinosaur? Lol. My grandfather used to have a pristine Grundig reel to reel recorder. It's a museum piece now.

I can see the appeal if you're doing a period-correct restoration where you're running out of things to improve. Otherwise, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom