74 FJ40 wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a wire going to the carburetor idle solenoid? After years of running aftermarket carburetors including the Carter it had on it when I bought it I finally found a very close to year month original for my 9/67 68 model. I ran a wire from the positive wire on the coil to carburetor. Not sure where the power came from originally. Didn't find any unused wire for it. But power should come off the ignition system.

Is there a wire going to the carburetor idle solenoid? After years of running aftermarket carburetors including the Carter it had on it when I bought it I finally found a very close to year month original for my 9/67 68 model. I ran a wire from the positive wire on the coil to carburetor. Not sure where the power came from originally. Didn't find any unused wire for it. But power should come off the ignition system.
My carb solenoid is disabled and working.

Just need to figure out why no continuity between BW wire from steering column to ps fender.

If it's a soldered joint I'm not seeing it on any diagram.

My bad, I was thinking of the Ign fuse in the fuse block, but I guess you're in a different part of the harness.
Thank you for the diagram though, that's a great one.

I’ve got a mini starter. BW wire and power cable from the battery are the only wires. You can see coming from the same part of the loom are a cut B and BY wire. Those wires were cut when I bought the truck. I added the mini starter.

I have a BY wire that goes to the + coil, but it comes out of the loom in a separate place.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom