72 FJ40 Build up - Body lift solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! I keep getting this message that I haven't posted in a while so I thought I'd show my progress and some of my unique solutions to: body lift, wheel base, cargo storage, seating and power. I'll explain the picts that follow: :cool:

You will notice right away that I've shortened the wheel base quite a bit. Another handy feature is that I used wood 2x4s for the frame. To get the same lift I would have had to use about 887 hocky pucks (waaaay to expensive)! And another neet thing is that all I need for adjusting the lift is a hammer and saw. About the wheels... you wouldn't believe how cheap they are! I bought this set of four for less than $25 bones! I know, I know your saying "Git out!" I do have some concerns though about axle width... it may be a little tippy. Guess I'll just have to try er out.

As far as the next pict I just wanted to show you the power plant for this monster. It is a '94 Isuzu Trooper 3.2 that scored from a friend for practically NOTHING! Is that the beez knees or what!

Next is my solution to having to mount an ice chest (this ones for you Coolerman). I thought "why mess up the aesthics of the rear end"? I had plent of space under the frame... Well, you see what I came up with. I'm thinking on board CO2, but I haven't come up with an ice maker solution yet... maybe someone on this forum can offer an idea? I'm thinking a tap on the dash with gimbled cup holders (something from the marine industry).

Next post I'll show pictures of the cargo storage and seating!

:D
wheelbase.JPG
cooler.JPG
bed storage.JPG

More picts of 72 build up

Back again... and you just thought I was done!

Previous picture shows my solution to the bucket seat delima. I found these bar stools at a yard sale... Cool huh? And they fit with the interior design concept. The only problem I see is mounting attachments and seat belt placement. I'm thinking at this point about a climbing harness that clips to the roll bar or some place in the back in lew of standard seat belts.

When the workers at the dairy weren't looking I 'borrowed' these milk crates. Would believe 9 of em will fit in the back. Each one can hold 159 Jack-in-the-Box tacos or 83 buritos (give or take).

What do you think of my roll bar solution to protect the driver and passenger. Chain is completely unheard of... at least I've never seen it. I may have to weld a link or for a little more rigidity. I'm still studying attachment points.

And oh, by the way. My drive train solutions is sprockets with chain drive and solid axle (lockers? who needs em).

Thank you all for being so patient with my build up... C ya on the trail (maybe)?

:D
seating.JPG
bed storage.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom