71 FJ40 frame off resto project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You may want to check into the sag power steering using a FJ60 box. It's a cleaner conversion and you dont have to chop the frame...

hey man, nice resto. You are a source of inspiration to me... Have to get going on mine.

I got the saginaw power steering pump plate made today and tacked on the frame. I also got the hole cut through the crossmember. I am debating on which steering shaft to go with. The spicer joints or with the borgeson slip shaft?

Saginaw PS Conversion

Here are some pics of the progress. i hade the spacers out of 1 inch round stock. I have all the parts I need now to complete the conversion, now I need to find some time. (Anybody got any time for sale:hmm:) Anyway, I got borgeson u-joints and a borgeson telescoping steering shaft.
SAGINAW 005.jpg

SAGINAW 016.jpg

SAGINAW 020.jpg
SAGINAW 005.jpg
SAGINAW 016.jpg
SAGINAW 020.jpg

Looking Good, making good progress. keep the pics coming..

Update

I havent had much time to keep this thread up but here are some pics. I got the ps conversion done, and a bunch of misc stuff. Last night I built me a battery box, turned out pretty good< just have to paint it up now. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Battery 001.jpg

Battery 002.jpg

Battery 003.jpg
Battery 001.jpg
Battery 002.jpg
Battery 003.jpg

Update

I fabbed this tray out of angle iron and flat bar. Worked out pretty good, just have to finish welding and paint it up. I used the stock tray which bolts in.
Battery 005.jpg

Battery 006.jpg

Battery 007.jpg
Battery 005.jpg
Battery 006.jpg
Battery 007.jpg

Nice rig.. Love the color... You should paint the hinges body color and not black... Just a thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom