71/76 Rear Door Hinges for Jerry Can (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We’re very lucky here in the UAE to get hold of the 70 Series range.

Some that come through have factory fitted rear jerry cans, specifically the 71 SWB and 76 5-door models.

I’m trying to track down, through the local dealer’s part department, a rear door mounted jerry can/carrier. It seems that the carrier is mounted with new rear door hinges.

Does anyone who knows these vehicles better than me, know what the part number is for the hinge section, carrier and number plate mount so I can check with local parts team. They’re more useless than me with checking parts numbers.

These aren’t the standard door hinges. If you look, they have extensions coming from them to mount the jerry can bracket from the hinge, as well as the door panel.

I can find part numbers 68802/68804, but what does the 60070 refer to?

Thanks.

Gotcha, thank you so much.

I understand fully now. I can see me wasting hours and hours of my life on that site.

I have a GCC 76 .. and I was doing this very same job .. ( to mount the jerry can in the small door as factory as possible ) but found most of the components for some reason are not available ..

I was able to find all the component through overseas parts places without much trouble. The hard part is the license plate light and bracket. Wasn't able to find that. The bracket for the FJ40 was available new and was very similar so I went with that. Now just need to bolt it all up.

Nothing like reviving an old thread. I'm trying to put together all the parts to do this and am still waiting on a few last bits. Does anyone have pictures of the back side of the mount where it attaches to the door? Do new holes need to be drilled in the door? You can see the tabs sticking out on the right rear of the mount bracket. I'd love to know what an OEM stock installation looks like.

parts dia jerry can mount.JPG

Probably not much use to you, but I have all the OEM parts available for this, with the exception of the hinges (I’ve left them on).

I don’t think you need extra holes - the ones that are in place for the rear numberplate are the ones you need to use I believe

I’ll take some photos for you later.

Probably not much use to you, but I have all the OEM parts available for this, with the exception of the hinges (I’ve left them on).

I don’t think you need extra holes - the ones that are in place for the rear numberplate are the ones you need to use I believe

I may be misreading what you said but are you indicating that drilling additional holes in the rear door isn’t necessary?

Any chance you could post those pics? It would really help.

Last edited:
I finally finished the project. Thought I would share if anyone wanted to do this. Many thanks to cruiserparts.net, amayama, megazip and those on this site that provided help with parts and advice. I took as many pics as I could with part numbers so this could be reproduced. I had to include the first two as I love unboxing parts from japan. They are packed with such care.

IMG_3209.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

I primed the hinges and shot them in some duplicolor 045 and some clear. The hinges bolted right up in the old location with no fuss at all. Begrudgingly, I did have to drill two holes in the door to secure the bracket. I used some spare bolts to fill the existing holes from the old light bracket. I'll probably paint them in the future. I figured I would leave them in place rather than trying to permanently fill them. IF I ever sell in the future, the next guy could change it back if they wanted.

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom