700r4 and 208c crossmember (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help with ideas or were to buy a crossmember to put a 700r4/208c into a 1972 FJ55? I have good fab skills, but no time due to work. I have no garage so I'm doing this conversion in the dirt and the rainy season is almost on me (Seattle). Any ideas to speed the process? AA doesn't have such a thing that I can find. I have access to tubing benders and such.

What did you use. I have a crossmemver from a 1990 Suburban I was going to widen and eventually fab a custom one from T6 aluminum. I just need to get the trans and t-case in the rig. Any help/info on the crossmember would be greatly appreciated.

alright i don't think your just going to be able to find a cross-member for the 700r4 and np208. they use two common gm t-case mounts that look like to C's (sorta) your best bet would be to find a mount from an early suburban 86(+). the suburban that i took my 350 out of to put in my 40 had 700r4/np208 but the gearing was way to high for me.

check out medusa's website, he has fabricated a mount for his np205 that is the exact mount you will need.

rice's website: http://medusa.ih8mud.com/cruiser/FJ45/Frame.html

heres hit photo's ala his website and heres the link.. he does some of the coolest fab i've seen around..
Trannymounts2.jpg
Trannymounts3.jpg

There is not anything that is pre made for this application specifically that you will be able to bolt in a go....

Time to fab something up.

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom