Columbian FJ43 weatherstrips and corner glasses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1978 FJ43 from Columbia and need help finding glass for the rear corners and the weatherstripping for both the side panel glasses.
Anyone on here have any connections?

side glass.jpg

LT corner glass.jpg

RT corner glass.jpg

@avo0498
Those seals around the corner windows look to be in great shape. Where did you get those?
There have been several threads started regarding the window seals/gaskets and where to acquire new ones. Not much has come from those threads. Search!
If you search the FJ43 maybe you can get some ideas. My 43 uses Troopy window seals on the side sliders. There is a thread from (?) that shows his beautifully restored 43 without rubber seals on the sliding windows. I also know you can, or some one can make the corner windows from plexiglass. There are several companies that make window seals/gaskets and if you look through their catalogs you may find something that will work for you.

IMG_5653.jpeg

Last edited:
@avo0498
Those seals around the corner windows look to be in great shape. Where did you get those?
There have been several threads started regarding the window seals/gaskets and where to acquire new ones. Not much has come from those threads. Search!
If you search the FJ43 maybe you can get some ideas. My 43 uses Troopy window seals on the side sliders. There is a thread from (?) that shows his beautifully restored 43 without rubber seals on the sliding windows. I also know you can, or some one can make the corner windows from plexiglass. There are several companies that make window seals/gaskets and if you look through their catalogs you may find something that will work for you.

View attachment 3592115
I'm not sure where the previous owner got the seals from

@Aussie Alaskan
If that is truly MPR corner glass I am interested!
I’ll send some measurements later .
I didn't realize it was an MPR top. I've got the OEM Toyota curved glass im pretty sure. They came with my OEM top as an extra set from the PO, so there is a chance they aren't Toyota since I've never measured them, but I'm guessing that's exactly what they are.

Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom