70 series MPH speedometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Someone asked if MPH could be the main speedometer dial. Not what I would do (due to the trip and mileage odometer being in km) but it is certainly possible.

See below:

speedometer variations3.JPG

Someone asked if MPH could be the main speedometer dial. Not what I would do (due to the trip and mileage odometer being in km) but it is certainly possible.

See below:

View attachment 2948573
I agree. The primary speed dial should match the unit of measure the odometer registers.

Another update for anyone interested in printing their own mph overlays.

After sometime in 1993 (I may be wrong and please correct me if I am)....some or all of the gauge faces in the cluster went from metal to backlit plastic. Here is a photo to show what the difference is between the two. You can not do an overlay on the plastic ones or you won't see your readings at nighttime when the lights are on. It is a problem that I currently have.

mvp speedometer5.JPG

Is the file deleted from the link? If so, any chance you could add it back? Would love to print a couple of these up!
Thanks!

@SugarBear They were on dropbox but the links don't work anymore. Not sure where else to host them. I can always email the file if you DM your email address.

Of course. Just let me know if you have timing belt or not. 160km/h or 180km/h. pdf or vector.

Seen this on IG would anyone be able to make this version for me? Lol I don't really have access to a capable printer. Just lmk total price plz😬

4CC323F6-97ED-427D-BE9F-4E4E3FEB622A.jpeg

You should contact that guy on IG. I am not making them anymore. It looks like it could be one of the folks that received my adobe illustrator file and slightly modified it too. I don't like the way that cut out was made between the trip odometer and center hole but I can see why it was done that way. Also I would have kept the mph dial in a different color such as yellow in my case like the Canadian ones.

Also it appears to have been printed on backlit plastic which I didn't have capability to do but wanted to do for my HZJ77. It seems like any 70 series built sometime during 1993 and onward have the plastic gauges.

Last edited:
You should contact that guy on IG. I am not making them anymore. It looks like it could be one of the folks that received my adobe illustrator file and slightly modified it too. I don't like the way that cut out was made between the trip odometer and center hole but I can see why it was done that way. Also I would have kept the mph dial in a different color such as yellow in my case like the Canadian ones.

Also it appears to have been printed on backlit plastic which I didn't have capability to do but wanted to do for my HZJ77. It seems like any 70 series built sometime during 1993 and onward have the plastic gauges.
I actually did contact him and he simply said he doesn't sell them. Didn't really seem to wanna give any details or info. Like one of those guys who wants to keep everything secret you know?

I actually did contact him and he simply said he doesn't sell them. Didn't really seem to wanna give any details or info. Like one of those guys who wants to keep everything secret you know?

Can you link me to his IG? I will see if it is one of the guys I shared the file with.

I updated the links. Hope they work now. If not, maybe someone will be generous enough to host them.

I hope they work now as well, because this is a godsend for my math-deficient brain!! Even if I don't manage to get one created, thanks for doing this in the first place!!

I’d buy one for my Troopy.

You probably have the speedometer up to 180 km/h which seems to be common for troopies for some reason. Some 70 series have speedometers up to 200 km/h.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom