70 series dash removal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for the answer! Tomorrow I’ll give one more try. Be ready and patient now... 🤣 Here is the photo of my dash. The lamps marked “1” and “2” don’t light. “2” is the opened door feedback, that’s ok. But what’s the light “1”? Anyway... Can I change all the bulbs? How many do I need? What are the exact types for green and blue, for yellow, for red and for white? 😱

Here ToyoDIY.com - https://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_199008_TOYOTA_LAND+CRUISER_LJ70LV-MEXW_8301.2.html I see maybe the the lamps for the white coloured ares. Can the bulbs changed in the ”Lamp Meter No 1, 2, 3 and 4?

Your owners manual will explain everything on the cluster. Some lens are not active in my case it appears. I am also guessing the Prado owners manual is a bit different too.

Here is an example from mine:

OM.JPG

Last edited:

Hello,

Lamp 1 does not light unless you have electric locking hubs.

Lamp 2 is in fact the door ajar reminder. Sometimes it does not light because either it is loose or needs replacement.

Lamps 1 and 2 use white bulbs. So do the lights circled in green, save for the turn lights. A T5 bulb or LED will do.

The odometer requires a green T5 bulb or led.

Turn lights use W10W bulbs or LEDs, white.

Dash lights use W10W bulbs with green caps. You may want to upgrade to green LEDs.

I am not sure about the Turbo/T-Belt lights but quite likely a T5 will do.

This is a good chance to upgrade to LED.

Hope this helps.

Juan
Thank you for the answer! Success! Yesterday I solved the problems. I prefer still bulbs, I prefer their light more.

1. Knows somebody maybe what is the green knob under the dash with blue and brown wires?
2. Some ideas about the white socket?
(3. I've got some oil leaks on the engine. Am I allowed to start a new diskussion/thread under the forums here on ih8mud about it?)
IMG_2356.JPEG
IMG_2358.JPEG
IMG_2359.JPEG

IMG_2357.JPEG

Glad it worked out for you! To attempt to answer your other questions:
1. I have never seen a button like that one, it looks like an aftermarket item. Is the symbol on it perhaps a tow ball? If you can trace the wires and find out where they go it might shed light on what it was for.
2. Not sure about the white plug, but it is possible that it isn't used on your vehicle's particular specification. I don't see anything quite like it in the Europe/General market wiring manual, but the shape of it makes me think it is a harness connector; if it does plug into something it should be fairly obvious since it is a large plug.
3. Absolutely.

1. I have never seen a button like that one, it looks like an aftermarket item. Is the symbol on it perhaps a tow ball? If you can trace the wires and find out where they go it might shed light on what it was for.
2. Not sure about the white plug, but it is possible that it isn't used on your vehicle's particular specification. I don't see anything quite like it in the Europe/General market wiring manual, but the shape of it makes me think it is a harness connector; if it does plug into something it should be fairly obvious since it is a large plug.
3. Absolutely.
After the trick with the speedo wire it was easy... :)

1. Yes, it looks like a symbol of a tow ball, however I still didn't have got the time to check the wires.
2. I don't have got any idea of it too...

As I mentioned I changed all the bulbs. Have got somebody maybe any idea where can I buy this kind of silicon caps for them?

IMG_2428.JPEG

3. Absolutely.
One more question... :oops: I've got many manuals for the car, but probably not the latest/actualized etc... Have you got any idea where can I find stuffs for the 2LTII engine and for my car with this VIN: JT1V0LJ7009052270?

After the trick with the speedo wire it was easy... :)

1. Yes, it looks like a symbol of a tow ball, however I still didn't have got the time to check the wires.
2. I don't have got any idea of it too...

As I mentioned I changed all the bulbs. Have got somebody maybe any idea where can I buy this kind of silicon caps for them?

View attachment 2603208

Hello,

The green cap is available from Toyota. I remember seeing the part number on this forum.

These caps go out with a little persuasion. You may want to take it out, clean it and reuse it.

Or you might replace it with a green LED.

Juan

One more question... :oops: I've got many manuals for the car, but probably not the latest/actualized etc... Have you got any idea where can I find stuffs for the 2LTII engine and for my car with this VIN: JT1V0LJ7009052270?

Hello,

If memory serves, Light Duty 70 Series production ended around 1995.

Repair manual No. 183E covers almost everything you may need when working on your truck.

Check this thread:

Diesel Tech is also a good information source for your engine. The search function is your friend.

Juan

Does anyone have a source or recommendations for good 24v LED bulbs that are T5 or W10W? I think my headlight and high beam indicator lights are out and started cracking it open earlier today.

Hi,

I have a question related to this thread. How do you remove the whole instrument panel? I have followed the RM183E manual, but I'm not quite sure what is meant by point 25. (c) "Remove the steering column upper support." on page BO-56. Could someone explain? The problem is how to access the two bolts which are screwed in upside down right over the steering column. They are part of the 12 bolts mentioned in 25. (d).

Hi,

I have a question related to this thread. How do you remove the whole instrument panel? I have followed the RM183E manual, but I'm not quite sure what is meant by point 25. (c) "Remove the steering column upper support." on page BO-56. Could someone explain? The problem is how to access the two bolts which are screwed in upside down right over the steering column. They are part of the 12 bolts mentioned in 25. (d).
The ones holding the steering column? Just remove the two nuts from underneath

I reused a picture from this thread, I hope it's not a problem.
These two bolts do not hold the steering column, they hold the instrument panel.

IMG_2356.JPEG

One trick for pulling the cluster is to get some slack on the speedo cable. Pull it loose from its clamp down by the brake pedal. This allows the cluster to pull forward and all the electronics disconnected.

1666991941173.png

One trick for pulling the cluster is to get some slack on the speedo cable. Pull it loose from its clamp down by the brake pedal. This allows the cluster to pull forward and all the electronics disconnected.

View attachment 3153195
That doesn’t appear to be factory 🤷‍♂️

for anyone interested the green caps arent anything special, i get them from many vendors off Ebay,,, $3-4 for a pack of them which of course lets you run $2 bulbs from any auto parts store.

i tried green LED, but too damn bright and tooooo green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom