'68 dash issues/questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me what I have on my dash? Specifically, what is/are the small silver buttons and what the heck is the large red toggle? Tried flipping it and nothing happened!

If it no use, I'll use it to hook up my off roads!

Sorry, best pics. I'm juggling things around to see if I can get better (?)

.00.22-5.jpg

That's what I thought but also thought the holes might be for factory "things" and the switches switched (Pun intended!:rofl:)

I have noticed the silver buttons on other TLCs.

Turbo?

Can tell you that turn signal switch is not OEM. Stock has remote switch below the dash that is controlled by a rod from a lever just below the steering wheel so a pin on the back of the steering wheel can cancel the turn signals.

This is my 10/69 70 model. Would be the same as a 68 except chrome plug would be a throttle control there.
IMG_20180915_120749678.jpg

Can tell you that turn signal switch is not OEM. Stock has remote switch below the dash that is controlled by a rod from a lever just below the steering wheel so a pin on the back of the steering wheel can cancel the turn signals.

This is my 10/69 70 model. Would be the same as a 68 except chrome plug would be a throttle control there.
View attachment 2658524
The red button is in the same location. What is that?

That is the knob you pull for the hazard lights. Replaced the knob on my 68 to a newer one.

Well, it's going in the shop tomorrow. They're gonna go over the wiring, so maybe there will be an answer soon (?).

Sorry I was joking. But there is a good thread on here about what and where all the knobs are. I am not good at searching but I know it’s here

Here you go. this might be of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom