'62 FJ40 in the Netherlands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pulled the dash cluster apart. cleaned and painted it. Pretty sure the cluster bezel was painted in the factory after assembly. Found some remnants of masking tape on the cluster body with overspray next to it. And a small line of paint on the glass and the high beam indicator light. They even put a little bit of green paint on the paint that was spilled on the high beam light.

Before and after :
DBB98CC0-A611-41A8-A205-E000DFEAA447.jpeg

B3784754-F382-4ECB-968F-8AA1A1C5723B.jpeg

I have a pic of that green paint. First I thought it was the plastic that was melted over ages but when I got it off it turned out the plastic underneath was covered with ivory paint. The plastic underneath was complete intact.
40C7365B-66F8-42D9-80CA-3308A39457D0.jpeg

Looks great.

question. How does the wire connect to the temp sender? I have some kind of pillar on the sender which is oem I think. There is a metal blade clamped on it.
321F5EDE-AF42-4FAB-BD8E-C265799F2788.jpeg

Looks like it should just slide onto the thinner end

Looked at the engine of the FJ45V and now I see the problem. The sender is not the right one, the pillar should be bigger. Will get one that fits.

question. How does the wire connect to the temp sender? I have some kind of pillar on the sender which is oem I think. There is a metal blade clamped on it.
View attachment 2098029

well well well ,

lookie lookie what we have here 🦄

i have Not made up one of these styles in some time ................

if u PM me your Wire color , Solid Yellow or Yellow w/ green tracer stripe ?

and your desired Length , i will have a Factory OEM Parts Maker YAZAKI Service spec. Repair Connector

pigtail in Mondays Mail out To Ya H55F Fast ...............

All Parts u see below 100% MADE IN JAPAN ............

DSCN1151.JPG
DSCN1152.JPG

If you don't have a tool roll for this truck, I think @wscbill is selling a complete mint '62 one on EBay. Ideally you would not have a single one of these tools, making it possibly cost effective.

20191005_170235.jpg

well well well ,

lookie lookie what we have here 🦄

i have Not made up one of these styles in some time ................

if u PM me your Wire color , Solid Yellow or Yellow w/ green tracer stripe ?

and your desired Length , i will have a Factory OEM Parts Maker YAZAKI Service spec. Repair Connector

pigtail in Mondays Mail out To Ya H55F Fast ...............

All Parts u see below 100% MADE IN JAPAN ............

Thanks Matt. The connector on your picture is not the one I need. I have the right connector on my wiring loom but need the right temp sender. Will try the one from the FJ45V first.
But I need some of these bullet connectors for the taillights. Will look for that later and contact you with my needs.

Thanks Matt. The connector on your picture is not the one I need. I have the right connector on my wiring loom but need the right temp sender. Will try the one from the FJ45V first.
But I need some of these bullet connectors for the taillights. Will look for that later and contact you with my needs.

- what year is your truck and engine, it looked on the early side ?

- this is one choices a OEM toyota Water senders w/ male button connector 83420-20010

- I can source the correct OEM TOYOTA YAZAKI parts maker Sender , if you need me to ....

- should be listed on my Store's Tool / Engine & Electrical Section Page's

- Please save me in your MID contacts list , and feel free to call on me for any future parts needs

if i dont have it or stock it , i will know who does .........

one last Tid-Bit , please Review the Link below for the Cooling System Overflow Container Bottle / Jar

Hose & Bracket kit , its My latest NLA / DISC. Parts Problem solving Needs Solution , 100% OEM TOYOTA

Parts ............ 💥

Kindly matt

1570357853805.png

-

Last edited:
Thanks Matt. It is a 62. I just saw the right temp sender in your shop. 83420-20010. But I’ll try the one I have first. This year did not have the boot afaik?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom