Registry 60-series Registry (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1988 Land Cruiser FJ62 GX
2. Robert & Amy Aldridge
3. "Jackie"
4. 210K miles
5. Just bought it, so haven't figured them all out yet. Seats have been recovered in leather, tube bumpers and step.
6. I have a Samurai for crawling. Got this for more room, dirt/gravel roads, camping, long trips.

AmyInJakie.jpg

Hello all,
My name is Nik. I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I've lurked on here forever, joined a little while ago, but decided to get more involved now that I have a Land Cruiser!

My cruiser is an '84 FJ60. Has it's original 2F inline six, that is freshly rebuilt, along with it's original 4 speed standard transmission and transfer case, both also recently rebuilt. No name for the truck, as of yet. 193,000 miles on the odometer, though about 5,000 since the entire drivetrain was rebuilt, so it's pretty fresh. Has a SOA lift on it, with Fox shocks, 5.29 gears, 35" tires, Aussie locker up front and Detroit Locker in the rear. Has some steel bumpers and protection, though I'm going to add rock sliders soon, along with a stout roof rack and roof top tent. I also just got a BUNCH of boxes from Cruiser Corps, with all new upholstery, new dash pad, a new carpet kit and I'm having all new door panels made. I've also added a CB radio, new stereo and speakers and had the interior Rhino lined, to help cut down on noise. Truck is not a daily driver, but it's in the rotation and gets driven around town, back and forth to work, and lot of trails! Just took it down to Sedona today and took my mom and son down the Broken Arrow trail. We had a ton of fun!!!

20191031_104744.jpg

Cool! Getting ready to go drive the "back way to Crown King" trail from Lake Pleasant to Crown King! Would be cool to meet up with a bunch of other Land Cruisers!

Cool! Getting ready to go drive the "back way to Crown King" trail from Lake Pleasant to Crown King! Would be cool to meet up with a bunch of other Land Cruisers!
I’ve done that trail several times over the past few years. Unfortunately, I won’t attempt it in my stock 60- rumor has it from several online sources that it’s pretty gnarly up towards the top and in several other places. It’s a LONG trail so plan accordingly. Last time I was up there in my old 2x ARB locked 62, I slit a sidewall, and had several places give me some issues. I wouldn’t go alone and prepare for an all day trip. The saloon on top is a fantastic reward if you make it.

Wow, sounds fun! My FJ60 has 35's and Aussie/Detroit lockers. Should make it. Sounds like a challenging trip, though!

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Casey
3. Dr. Pepper
4. 204K
5. F55 - 5 Speed, Old Man Emu Lift, Factory Match Paint, Matte Black Rims on New 33's, New carpet, Cruiser Corp Floor mats, SOR Brown Seat Covers and front seat new foam, New Seatbelts, Alpine Stereo, Speakers & Inclinometer, ABR Front Bumper & Roof Rack, LED Headlights & Hella Fogs (Parts in, but still need to install FJ70 OEM Black Mirrors, 4-Runner wiper kit and Indicators in front Bumper). Whiteknuckle Rock Sliders next.....
6. Upstate NY Weekend Warrior & Beer Caddy

IMG_1925.jpeg

Last edited:
1. Both are 1988 FJ62s.
2. Casey
3. The Pamplemousse, Mousse for short (grey) and FJToo (cream)
4. 278,xxx (Mousse) and 177,xxx (Too)
5. Mousse - 5 speed manual transmission, 2'' body lift, 33'' tires with Mickey Thompson wheels, paint, sliding cargo windows, black side mirrors
Too - possibly dealer upgraded sound system, other than that, bone stock (I'm the 3rd owner).
6. Daily driver (Mousse), Weekend Warrior (Too)

MnToo.png

1990 FJ62 (12/89 mfg date)
318,000 miles
Completely stock and wonderful

View attachment 2138192
Is this the one that just sold in Boulder in the MUD classifieds? I thought hard about just showing up at home with it one day to see what the wife would say (likely, GTFO :eek: ) Congrats! My only criticism is that the cruiser is supposed to be driving off into the sunset.

Is this the one that just sold in Boulder in the MUD classifieds? I thought hard about just showing up at home with it one day to see what the wife would say (likely, GTFO :eek: ) Congrats! My only criticism is that the cruiser is supposed to be driving off into the sunset.

That's the one. I feel lucky to have found it, it's been immensely well cared for and I am carrying on the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom