60 series intermittent wiper module (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engineer8000

CAPE FEAR ELECTRONICS
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I found this substitute intermittent wiper module that will work in the 60 series wiper circuit with a small interfacing connector. Use at your own risk.

20220608_201904.jpg
20220608_201941.jpg

This means you'll get a specified 'Wiper Delay' on the low setting?

If your truck has intermittent wipers and the module has failed (like many of the early mechanical gear driven ones), the OEM Toyota module is NLA. This will replace the Toyota module.

I'm curious to see if the intermittent module is something that can be furbished like I do with the driver's window relay boxes. It'd be great to be able to add another service to keep some of these OEM parts still alive. There was a thread a few years back about modifying the OEM module to even allow for a variable delay the way many new vehicles have. I'm going to have to dig that up and take a look at the pics to see if it looks promising.

Potentially I could offer a refurb and/or upgrade service that would add the variable delay.

The later electronic version can be modified as you describe. The gear driven one cannot. The late electronic version will function in place of the early mechanical one but they are both nla new. The one I posted above is used I got just for testing but they are available new for less than the used Toyota ones sell for, if you can find one.

The later electronic version can be modified as you describe. The gear driven one cannot. The late electronic version will function in place of the early mechanical one but they are both nla new. The one I posted above is used I got just for testing but they are available new for less than the used Toyota ones sell for, if you can find one.
Beat me to the punch. I managed to find the thread and came to the same conclusion. That said, with the electronic version also being NLA it does appear I can refurbish it.

Now I need to find a known inoperable unit and experiment with it. If anyone has got one P/N 85940-90A04 (P/N 85940-90A02 may be do-able as well; but I'd need to compare the two to be sure) please PM me instead of throwing it out and I'll be happy to pay for the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom