60 LS Swap Mounts and other conversion solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cruisermatts.com
Hi, I've mentioned my products in a few threads but haven't ever made a standalone thread - now that a few other venders have threads in the tech section I guess I will join in. We have a few installs lined up so I figured I could get some tech notes and install pics put up in one place. I developed all these to make our in-house and DIY'ers projects easier, trying to take some of the guesswork out of the equation.

My big seller is my motor mount kit, I developed these about two years ago for 60 and 80 series and have sold around 65-70 sets so far. They use the GM truck mount designed for these engines. They are super strong and super clean. They come with the side gussets and middle tab pre-welded by yours truly. I chose not to do any sort of indexing to existing frame holes as there is some variation depending on transmission choice (For example the engine will sit a little more forwards with a Mark's adapter/H42/H55f vs. when using a 4l60 in a FJ62 and with the stock auto crossmember). They naturally line up the engine to the original 2F/3FE centerline and you just have to line up the top of the bracket with the top of the frame. Super easy.

I have them priced as inexpensively as a I can at $260/shipped and are almost always in stock or being restocked.

engine mount 3.jpg

20221221_112334.jpg

I also developed a whole line of wiring solutions for the common transmission swaps into both FJ60's and 62's, no more cutting splicing wires to make reverse lights work. :)

A big one that is often overlooked until the last minute is the TCC brake signal if using a GM automatic transmission. Until recently the common method was to use a cheap plastic GM brake switch and modify the 60 brake switch wiring and pedal bucket to accommodate. I decided that was pretty silly the first time I did it so now I do a simple in-line plug-in that keeps the original heavy duty metal Toyota brake switch and wiring intact.

Bump... just restocked on motor mounts and have plenty in stock.

We have a FJ62 getting a basic 6.0/4l60 conversion in the next week or two and are planning to bang it out in a very short time and will likely document the whole thing using my parts. It will look a lot like @Dubs2017 or @adman02 thread's but I would like to document it more as a complete instructional to show how easy it can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom