60 build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landwagon

SILVER Star
Threads
I haven't got much help on the 60 thread, that must mean I going hard core, I'm going for about the same look as Mace but also narrowing the front fenders I started to trim the fenders tonignt. I have full access to all tools I need, fab. shop. I'm lengthing all shock points and adding 35,s. I was thinging about some buggie springs or folding shackles, I will fab everything my self. Do they work first of all, I'm tring to keep up with modified 80's. I need wheel travel.

things for the help Tim
87 fj60
99 taco trd
tlca 14863

Buggie springs out, but just trimmed 4 inchs out of the fenders just going to fill in with some thin steel. I have a long way to go moter, springs, shocks just to start.

Good times,
Tim
87 fj60
99 taco trd
tlca 14863

if you want flex get some waggy springs under there. I run xj springs and can't get a shock under my junk that will use all the travel they make without going through the floor or going to a stupid angle. Flex is overrated though, lock your axles and get some low gears and 37s

I agree, flex is over rated. The sheer weight of the 60 will make it flex in the front pretty good. The rear doesn't work so well no matter what you do, if you stay with a leaf spring set up. I have done just about everything possible to my 62 for suspension movement and it easily works as well as an 80 in front, but the rear still doesn't flex like I would want. A super soft set of springs would help, but there is a fine line between holding the back end up and not. If you carry anything in the back, you will end up with springs that don't flex much. Long shocks are the ticket in the front and rear, as well as long brake lines etc. I have tons of pictures of my trucks flexed out in my sig line.
Gary

I would add 37s to the list. 35s are just too small. I know you were at tellico last year if you remember me coming thru lower 2 you will see why 35s are too small. re-gear it to at least 4.88s for some crawl. 5.29s if its not looking at highway speeds or if you could swing it a rock box. another thing is funny angles with the carb,Fi would be super nice. You can run ford front shock towers up front as well for extra shock travel....the list goes on brotha... let me know if you need some help...

-Al

beno posted pic up on the Ohio birfields with the 35's 4 inch front and back tons of fab in the rear. looks good though.

tim
87 fj 60
99 taco trd
tlca 14863

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom