60/62 side marker lights, upgrade V2. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sschruff

Make PSILOCYBIN legal for TBI/PTSD/TRA&D
Threads
Experienced a significant problem with the production of the Hummer lights I wanted to incorporate into my build. After a few days of scouring Google images, think I found something to replace the FUBAR'd Hummer lights. Ordered 2 sets (1 ea amber, 1 ea red) of Rigid Industries SR-L 3-wire spreader lights. They're due for delivery this coming Monday.

3-wire: Allows to function as a running light, blinker and spreader (1452 lumens each). As soon as we do the initial test fit, I'll post some pics of them mounted on the 60.

SR-L red.jpg
SR-L spreaders.jpg

Was totally stoked yesterday when I got home - the Rigid SR-L's were delivered. Opened the overly large box, no packing material inside and one set damaged. Sending both back to be safe, will update when the new ones arrive.
Rigid SR-L lightsIMG_0619.jpg
SR-L 3-Wire.png

Wow. Talk about pride in the packaging, especially for that price, damn. Where did you order from? Manufacturer or a certain high profile internet retailer?

Wow. Talk about pride in the packaging, especially for that price, damn. Where did you order from? Manufacturer or a certain high profile internet retailer?
I know, right! Aside from the unnecessary shipping $$$, might as well put a few rocks/ball bearings in the box and FUBAR it correctly. Ordering place would be the latter but 1st FUBAR with them to date. I'll keep all 9 fingers/toes crossed for the new shipment.

I know, right! Aside from the unnecessary shipping $$$, might as well put a few rocks/ball bearings in the box and FUBAR it correctly. Ordering place would be the latter but 1st FUBAR with them to date. I'll keep all 9 fingers/toes crossed for the new shipment.
Are you planning on having them coordinate with your blinkers? I've considered doing that with my current LED marker lights (haven't gotten around to it), so if it's an easy thing with these that would be slick.

Are you planning on having them coordinate with your blinkers? I've considered doing that with my current LED marker lights (haven't gotten around to it), so if it's an easy thing with these that would be slick.
Yeah, absolutely and the primary reason I went for the SR-L 3-wire version. I'm not sure about easy, especially if you're still stock on wiring - way outside of my knowledge base. I'm doing a total rewire and utilizing a Infinity Box can bus system. I tend to make things very difficult or very expensive, more often than not, both. But, if this works out in the end, I figure it's better than not being able to get a set of NLA OEM markers, especially ones that have been sitting in aSaudi warehouse for 2 decades and the gaskets are nice and brittle=)

If I remember correctly, Daniel Stern sells a pigtail/harness that is plug & play to make your marker lights work with turn signals for OEM setup

If I remember correctly, Daniel Stern sells a pigtail/harness that is plug & play to make your marker lights work with turn signals for OEM setup
I know he used to. Don't know if he still does but it's not overly difficult to make work. He's been my go-to with lighting questions for many years.

But I doubt there's gonna be too many peeps dropping $300 on side marker lights no matter how groovy...

But I doubt there's gonna be too many peeps dropping $300 on side marker lights no matter how groovy...
I like my LED side markers just fine. Those are pretty, but more than I'd like to spend. But a near plug n' play method for making the side markers work with the blinkers would be pretty slick (could then easily be modified to accommodate aftermarket marker lights).

I think that depends on how you look at what you're getting. Yes, the lights are groovy but more importantly for me, functional. The 1400+ lumen side spreader especially with property work and even more so because I'm not looking to run a roof rack (a convenient place for spreader lights. I also think the $300 is a decent price given a) the way OEM parts reach NLA status and b) the short life expectancy that I've personally experienced with them.

5K in bumper setups, 30-60K in swaps, rims/tires, seats, etc., I guess the value depends on what you're trying to achieve and what's important to the individual. Where you feel $300 for a set of groovy lights is far fetched, some may think it's justified. Opinions are, after all, like. . .well, you know.

Experienced a significant problem with the production of the Hummer lights I wanted to incorporate into my build. After a few days of scouring Google images, think I found something to replace the FUBAR'd Hummer lights. Ordered 2 sets (1 ea amber, 1 ea red) of Rigid Industries SR-L 3-wire spreader lights. They're due for delivery this coming Monday.

3-wire: Allows to function as a running light, blinker and spreader (1452 lumens each). As soon as we do the initial test fit, I'll post some pics of them mounted on the 60.

View attachment 2738212View attachment 2738213

do you have any photos or images of a NON-USA 60 / 61 or 62 with different side Markers then what i understand them to simply be on a USA Spec. FJ60 /62 ?

I have sourced a NEW LED Bulb for 60 / 62 side markers a 194 profile peanut or T-5 wedge bulb if you will

the LUMEN Output is the highest on the global market today Period !

they are made using a SOLID chunk of Billet Aluminum CNC Milled , and sport 6 Diodes each

now the radical new technology part if a solid aluminum structure is NOT enough .....

My NON-USA supplier now offers PURE J.I.S. YELLOW !

NOT OARNGE AMBER to be clear .....

this LUMEN color Tone combined with a NEW OEM front 60 / 62 AMBER OARNGE side marker lens , produces a entirely NEW Color spectrum i have Never seen before ...

its truly amazing to me ...........

LINK HERE :

1627358086018.png

CROSS COMPARISON Photos :

NOTE : the PURE JIS YELLOW on the RH side marker in the image below ,

- marker on the LH side is traditional Incandescent stock KOITO 194 bulb it came with

1627358146835.png

1627358200529.png

1627358256691.png

Note : NO photo shop used here in any way …..

1D77A5A0-B44F-436C-8560-DC980B08F0E1.jpeg

CB84AEFC-B3DF-4C4A-9DD5-6DD1A9DBC77B.jpeg

D30975DF-43FA-47FD-8CC8-F8EC8EC9B7C1.jpeg

do you have any photos or images of a NON-USA 60 / 61 or 62 with different side Markers then what i understand them to simply be on a USA Spec. FJ60 /62 ?

I have sourced a NEW LED Bulb for 60 / 62 side markers a 194 profile peanut or T-5 wedge bulb if you will

the LUMEN Output is the highest on the global market today Period !

they are made using a SOLID chunk of Billet Aluminum CNC Milled , and sport 6 Diodes each

now the radical new technology part if a solid aluminum structure is NOT enough .....

My NON-USA supplier now offers PURE J.I.S. YELLOW !

NOT OARNGE AMBER to be clear .....

this LUMEN color Tone combined with a NEW OEM front 60 / 62 AMBER OARNGE side marker lens , produces a entirely NEW Color spectrum i have Never seen before ...

its truly amazing to me ...........

LINK HERE :

View attachment 2742680

@ToyotaMatt just to clarify - the lamp body assembly is billet?

Hi, The problem I have on all my cruisers is that the Toyota housing crumbles quickly in Texas heat and sun. Mike

@ToyotaMatt - on the lights you described above, are the housings billet (the baseplate that the lens attaches to)?

MY
@ToyotaMatt - on the lights you described above, are the housings billet (the baseplate that the lens attaches to)?

housings , bases , bodys , etc ....

Lenses , KOITO ! JAPA> 1 piece type updated by toyota

LAMPS LIGHTS are 100% Toyota Genuine Parts

ONLY the PURE YELLOW LED Bulb is NOT STOCK

or

NOT OEM if you will

NO billit LAMP or LENS , OEM JAPAN KOITO UV Rated NYLON .........

only the LED BULBS them selves are BILLIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom