Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
- Aug 12, 2007
- EAST COAST
- Thread starter
Just wanted to drop and note and sing the praises of Matt's key and lockset work. I took the opportunity to order a whole set for my rig, and Matt was very patient with me on the phone walking me through the process. Everything arrived packaged very well and works flawlessly. I only had one key for my rig, and the locks were getting "sticky", it was only a matter of time until I broke the key in one of the locks and would have been up a creek. Now I have a full matching set that are as smooth as butter with extra keys. I appreciate the services Matt offers to keep our rigs running down the road.
i am glad to be home finally after a unexpected family emergency trip to Nebraska , to visit my dad
i had to leave DC here on short notice and took little in the way of down time " Things " to occupy my overactive and indeed hyper imagination and problem solving obsession issues i seamed to be born with ? 😆
- so related to the TECH and NON Tech too here in my lock and keys thread home base of operations i dreamed up the following :
- carefully plan out a seamless Assembly line of sorts on a HUGe 4x8 sheet of ply wood like for example and have 5 different but equal work stations rounding the perimeter , a round table if you will
each station represents 1 of the 5 60 and 62 vehicle locks during a total vehicle re-key process ...
- i think i can simply Run around it like a Hampster on a cage wheel , and use a stick and move approach to out pace any times i have recording
so far on how long a total vehicle re-key ?
- I am finding ever more challenging to meet the and keep up with the rapidly growing demand for all keyed alike land cruiser lock sets
- pre owned or new , NOS parts ones are fine
- so here we go :
- have pre-made , assembled , part# 69005-90A06 , complete all keyed alike 5 pc usa spec lock and key sets on hand , in storage totes and ready
to roll 100% plug and play all needed parts included ...
- no more waiting or rushing to do you thing ......
it would transform what i continue to try to grow and develop as a vintage Toyota lock and keys technician ,.....as a whole in a major way i think
- more importantly , you the clients and customers will be at ease knowing you will not ever run out of your favorite beer now tonight , as no more needed vehical down time either ....
being away for longer then expected , created the perfect set of conditions for a Jeeeerk-off or 2 of them to spoil a good thing i truly enjoy doing ..
who the Hell expects and compares AMAZON fast to a needed Vintage toyota NLA / DISC. parts topic anyway ? 🤔
well some apparently do and do often , i now know sadly and found out thru the skool of hard knocks way ?
i guess its a darn good thing i now have a new Darrel Waltrip Edition sir speedy key cutting SST to make them happy 🤣
so eliminate in principle the entire special order a lock set and have to wait for it to be hand made for you ?
if this current pipe dream can gain traction i can then focus 100% of my free time doing just that , diving deeper and harder and faster into the 60 and 62 lock and key thing ?
i also if some did not yet get to see ?
my new code cutting SST in action
im still like it a bit old fashion at times and the dead toyota lock and key part#s all can Live once again .......
i need all that is left is to figure out how to dedicate all the time needed to get the initial say 6 pre made sets ready to go ?
if anyone lives near DC here on the maryland side and Is looking for a TOP shelf part time job of sorts PM me please ....
below ill post new key machine in action again , its so much faster now that i understand it a bit better ?
but each day brings new and exciting challenges , and today is no different ...
thanks for your support as i try like heck to make this transition work from how long will my new locks set take to be made to how fast can USPS express mail get a pre-made kit to your shop door ............
thank you very much for your patience as well , i am very aware of it and that i am lucky to be surrounded by SOLID folks here on MUD daily ..