60 / 61 / 62 Series Lock & Key Repair Re-Key & Re-Coding ALL things LOCK SMITH Technical Shop Resource (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All,

Just wanted to drop and note and sing the praises of Matt's key and lockset work. I took the opportunity to order a whole set for my rig, and Matt was very patient with me on the phone walking me through the process. Everything arrived packaged very well and works flawlessly. I only had one key for my rig, and the locks were getting "sticky", it was only a matter of time until I broke the key in one of the locks and would have been up a creek. Now I have a full matching set that are as smooth as butter with extra keys. I appreciate the services Matt offers to keep our rigs running down the road.

Cheers,

i am glad to be home finally after a unexpected family emergency trip to Nebraska , to visit my dad

i had to leave DC here on short notice and took little in the way of down time " Things " to occupy my overactive and indeed hyper imagination and problem solving obsession issues i seamed to be born with ? 😆

- so related to the TECH and NON Tech too here in my lock and keys thread home base of operations i dreamed up the following :

- carefully plan out a seamless Assembly line of sorts on a HUGe 4x8 sheet of ply wood like for example and have 5 different but equal work stations rounding the perimeter , a round table if you will

each station represents 1 of the 5 60 and 62 vehicle locks during a total vehicle re-key process ...

- i think i can simply Run around it like a Hampster on a cage wheel , and use a stick and move approach to out pace any times i have recording
so far on how long a total vehicle re-key ?

- I am finding ever more challenging to meet the and keep up with the rapidly growing demand for all keyed alike land cruiser lock sets

- pre owned or new , NOS parts ones are fine

- so here we go :

- have pre-made , assembled , part# 69005-90A06 , complete all keyed alike 5 pc usa spec lock and key sets on hand , in storage totes and ready
to roll 100% plug and play all needed parts included ...

- no more waiting or rushing to do you thing ......

it would transform what i continue to try to grow and develop as a vintage Toyota lock and keys technician ,.....as a whole in a major way i think

- more importantly , you the clients and customers will be at ease knowing you will not ever run out of your favorite beer now tonight , as no more needed vehical down time either ....

being away for longer then expected , created the perfect set of conditions for a Jeeeerk-off or 2 of them to spoil a good thing i truly enjoy doing ..

who the Hell expects and compares AMAZON fast to a needed Vintage toyota NLA / DISC. parts topic anyway ? 🤔

well some apparently do and do often , i now know sadly and found out thru the skool of hard knocks way ?

i guess its a darn good thing i now have a new Darrel Waltrip Edition sir speedy key cutting SST to make them happy 🤣

or

so eliminate in principle the entire special order a lock set and have to wait for it to be hand made for you ?

if this current pipe dream can gain traction i can then focus 100% of my free time doing just that , diving deeper and harder and faster into the 60 and 62 lock and key thing ?

i also if some did not yet get to see ?

my new code cutting SST in action

im still like it a bit old fashion at times and the dead toyota lock and key part#s all can Live once again .......

i need all that is left is to figure out how to dedicate all the time needed to get the initial say 6 pre made sets ready to go ?

if anyone lives near DC here on the maryland side and Is looking for a TOP shelf part time job of sorts PM me please ....

below ill post new key machine in action again , its so much faster now that i understand it a bit better ?

but each day brings new and exciting challenges , and today is no different ...

thanks for your support as i try like heck to make this transition work from how long will my new locks set take to be made to how fast can USPS express mail get a pre-made kit to your shop door ............

thank you very much for your patience as well , i am very aware of it and that i am lucky to be surrounded by SOLID folks here on MUD daily ..

kindly
matt

1619353648274.png

1622199200907.png

1622244588252.png

Last edited:
Matt just happened to have in stock two ambulance door keys matching my original key code for a 1984 BJ42 LV from Europe.
What are the chances???
Thanks Matt - they fit perfectly.
Land Cruiser gods exist...

ATTN :

This CAN indeed happen to a 60/62 ands a 40 and 55 too

i have run accross this now a dozen or so times in my life time career

NEVER DO this what u see in this MORONS Video ! :mad:

if you do you cost your self thousands ina new column receiver

contact me first , i can walk you thru how to resolve the the EDUCATED Technical factory correct way .................

fyi.............

Last edited:
Sad News to report as of Today : :confused:

69058-90A02

FJ60 FJ62 Fuel Door Lock assy has officially been Disc. / NLA

this is a MAJOR problem for the future or ALL 60/62 series locks and keys

TOYOTA takes another STAB in the back at the 60 series community ..........

1626475475164.png

1626475495033.png

Last edited:
hey Matt, quick question, how interchangeable are the driver's and passenger's side locks? fooling around with it, to my untrained eye, it looks like one is just the other upsidedown.

hey Matt, quick question, how interchangeable are the driver's and passenger's side locks? fooling around with it, to my untrained eye, it looks like one is just the other upsidedown.

LOCKS cylinders are identical

the arms or paddles at end held on with the C or E clip are SIDE Specific ..LH are RH

do one at a time

NOTE : SCROLL AHEAD TILL 12:50 minutes to be updated on the ENTIRE FUEL DOOR LOCK TOPIC like none other !

thanks

Looking For both feelers here and also help making a very important Decision to PULL A Teq Trigger or NOT ?
please take a moment and Pm me any relevant thoughts

also Please Subscribe to my new you tube tech channel

thanks

Newly anointed BLACK LETTERS font FJ62 ignition lock RE-KEY going out to the folks

D639BF3C-FCA3-47F8-B02C-7C96E07D3201.jpeg
E088A6A3-AC82-490C-BC37-2B139803A3BF.jpeg
514DB1F1-5F8F-455A-8F23-0C524F225899.jpeg
8485E277-F1CC-4451-B95B-8F8B98B7B2D7.jpeg

Looking For both feelers here and also help making a very important Decision to PULL A Teq Trigger or NOT ?
please take a moment and Pm me any relevant thoughts

also Please Subscribe to my new you tube tech channel

thanks

Matt, are you really listening to The Black Angels while you work on your cruisers???? That’s my go to album right there, buddy!😍

Matt, are you really listening to The Black Angels while you work on your cruisers???? That’s my go to album right there, buddy!😍

Maybe ................ :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom