4x4 Labs custom tire carrier, Luke is the man! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have had a Labs rear bumper on my 80 for about 7 years now and I have to say it is simply amazing. It had held up to a crazy amount of trail abuse without more than just scratches. it has also survived getting rearended twice and nothing has moved. Thes things rock!

I recently picked up a hitch carrier for my YZ250FX. I knew i would have clearance issues but decided to take on the project. I had to use a "drop hitch" mount just because the bike was mounted so high up. I found one with an 8,000lb rating and 800lb tongue weight. Plenty for a 250lb bike. The issue i ran into was the foot peg hit the spare tire. I considered a lot of options to raise the rear and talked with a local fab guy a few times. The project kept getting more complicated. Finally, i email Luke at 4x4 labs asking id he could make me a customer tire mount. I figured it would not be worth their time. Surprisingly he just said "sure". I really gave him minimal instructions. Just said i needed it 4" higher and pulled in closer to the truck. But this does involve several angles be changed. If you just made the arm 4" longer it places the tire out further from the truck which makes new problems. So he had to change a few angles as well. I dont know how he does this without having my truck to work with, but he nailed it! had it delivered in about 2 weeks which is insane for custom work. It fits like a glove with the spare "high and tight" perfectly parallel to the back glass. These guys are true professionals.

2imNN96.jpg

18vI3RA.jpg

E8AQcvu.jpg

Excuse the s***ty pictures, I was excited and just snapped a few quick ones. Mount places the tire 4" higher and much tighter to the body.

Looks good, I have always been impressed with 4x4 labs and loved my bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom