Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I mentioned this before but I bought these last year for the Breckenridge LCDC for $30:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019RIOX12

Volume was a bit quiet but they worked well otherwise, no issues communicating with the other groups (in fact someone else who had issues borrowed mine), and they're easily recharged off any micro usb cable. They do FRS and GMRS channels - the latter used to be restricted but was opened up to non-licensed use a couple years ago.

I should really get my ham license, but since I doubt everyone will have theirs the FRS/GMRS radios are a good inexpensive option that everyone should have handy.

Bargain...and solid unit:

BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007H4VT7A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_TRakBbPP71ZS9

More powerful transmitter version below (8 watt vs. 5 watt)...

BaoFeng BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAULSOK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4SakBbYTX7985
Nice tip, thanks. I’ve been thinking about comms options, getting my license, etc. This looks like a good solid option to get my feet wet. Props @Markuson !

Nice tip, thanks. I’ve been thinking about comms options, getting my license, etc. This looks like a good solid option to get my feet wet. Props @Markuson !

PS... I own two of the 8 watt units and they are excellent...and a go-to brand/unit in the ham community.

Baofeng are a good value for HAM's. I have a UV82HP that has been working great.

you guys talked me into it, just ordered a ham. will have iphone, iwatch, ipad, cb,frs/gmrs and ham .. could also bust out some smoke signal if needed. comms covered!

Ordered. Thanks!

Although I’ve had CBs in all my Jeeps, I have no desire to install one in the 200.

Ya, CB became useless for me at Cruise Moab...

I think I mentioned this before but I bought these last year for the Breckenridge LCDC for $30:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019RIOX12

Volume was a bit quiet but they worked well otherwise, no issues communicating with the other groups (in fact someone else who had issues borrowed mine), and they're easily recharged off any micro usb cable. They do FRS and GMRS channels - the latter used to be restricted but was opened up to non-licensed use a couple years ago.

I should really get my ham license, but since I doubt everyone will have theirs the FRS/GMRS radios are a good inexpensive option that everyone should have handy.
There's probably just enough time to study and take the licensing exam

Anything new status on the fires impacting trails? It looks like Imogene and the Alpine Loop is still open.

35665674_204837390143209_4337060616905687040_n.jpg
saan juan NF.jpg
saan juan NF.jpg

san juan NF 2.jpg

san juan NF 3.jpg

My wife and I are going to Telluride NO MATTER WHAT...so I’ll be on trails SOMEWHERE near there for sure.
:princess::steer:

Hoping all y’all will be there too!
:steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer:
:steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer::steer:
Woooo! :hillbilly:

Last edited:
We are locked in on our VRBO and need a little away time regardless so we will be heading down no matter what as well!

We are locked in on our VRBO and need a little away time regardless so we will be heading down no matter what as well!

I feel the same. I really mentioned it only because I thought I’d put it out there that there will for sure be people ready to go wheeling even if the fire situation closes some trails. I hope and expect that will be fine, but just thought it might be good to pipe up to those wondering if more people are going to bail out. I think most people won’t but anyway just putting it out there. Glad to hear you are going and hope you find a swa I feel the same. I really mentioned it only because I thought I’d put it out there that there will for sure be people ready to go wheeling even if the fire situation closes some trails. I hope and expect that will be fine, but just thought it might be good to pipe up to those wondering if more people are going to bail out. I think most people won’t but anyway just putting it out there. Glad to hear you are going and hope you find a squaw, like you say, haha!

I'll be there for sure. Already locked in with VRBO and Moab. Looking forward to hanging out and running trails with you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom