Events/Trails 4th Annual 200LCDC Event (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I like #1 and #5 the best.

(counting from the upper left)

I hope everyone is counting left to right, then next row left to right... :)

Some count rows...others may count in columns...

Maybe this will help:
4288C829-F772-48ED-8CA5-6AADB01166DB.png

Last edited:
Nice work Matt!

I like #1 and 5 best. Way to use our state flag! :)

Nice work Matt!

I like #1 and 5 best. Way to use our state flag! :)

Use tread marks for the white part of the flag on #5 and I'll cancel my other vote! :hillbilly::steer:

Last edited:
I forgot to check this thread yesterday...My vote would be for 1 and 5 as well. Thanks for putting these together!

Total sidebar - were you at the Rising Sun meeting last night? I was there and noticed your truck when I was leaving. It's too bad I know trucks more than faces/names :D
I was...and sitting next to you during the meeting lol

I meant to say hi but had to get my dues in.

should get a beer soon.

Will

First, thanks for the great work on these!

I like the ones with a truck in them as that is a key element of this gathering. #7 is very close to stickers from others such as Overland Bound.

And, yes, I will be at LCDC. Retirement is finally settled - July 6. And though it isn't "close" to Telluride, we'll have our trailer at Ridgway State Park for the entire week. (I love the drive over the Dallas Divide so being over in Ridgway is not an issue for me. Closer would be better for hanging out together but that will be my problem to deal with - get up early, drive home late.) I'm not planning to do any shelf roads but I'll join in on anything else. ;) Sorry I wasn't able to commit until sooner. Had to wait out the retirement, whether we would be in the PNW at that time and other things. All sorted. (PNW trip will begin a couple weeks after LCDC and will last about 2 months. Retirement is going to be awesome!)

OK, with the refined options, #2 looks very much like the regional stickers for Overland Bound.

Entire San Juan National Forest To Be Closed To Public

All-

I wanted to bring this to your attention. With our event a little over a month away, this could potentially create a problem for us.

Will keep an eye on it, as everyone else locally is, but could prove interesting for the Ouray folks.

Feared it might come to this given the inability to fight the fire and current weather conditions. Only consolation right now is the fire's location is a decent bit south (25+ miles?) of the bulk of the Telluride/Ouray trails. Methinks this one is going to burn for awhile but hopefully it will get to a point of containment authorities will be comfortable opening most of the forest given how large it is.

Feared it might come to this given the inability to fight the fire and current weather conditions. Only consolation right now is the fire's location is a decent bit south (25+ miles?) of the bulk of the Telluride/Ouray trails. Methinks this one is going to burn for awhile but hopefully it will get to a point of containment authorities will be comfortable opening most of the forest given how large it is.

I like to think so, too- however, Black Bear will be impassable if it keeps going this way, as will a lot of the trails to the South/Southwest in terms of accessibility.

San Juan National Forest - News & Events

Sounds like closing the entire forest is not necessarily due to the current fire but the lack of rain and significant fire risk. We're still 6 weeks our so hopefully we'll see some significant rain in the next few weeks.

I've got an 18 day trip planned, with this kicking it off, so if the SJNF is closed we'll explore more of the Uncompaghre or Rio Grande wilderness areas. Worst case if we get within a week or two of the LCDC and it's still closed maybe we start planning some trails in another forest.

San Juan National Forest - News & Events

Sounds like closing the entire forest is not necessarily due to the current fire but the lack of rain and significant fire risk. We're still 6 weeks our so hopefully we'll see some significant rain in the next few weeks.

I've got an 18 day trip planned, with this kicking it off, so if the SJNF is closed we'll explore more of the Uncompaghre or Rio Grande wilderness areas. Worst case if we get within a week or two of the LCDC and it's still closed maybe we start planning some trails in another forest.

Yeah, overall lack of precipitation. That being said, happy to put heads together or meet up to wheel should the worst happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom