4runnner brake pad question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok all the 4runner fromt brake swap has been done for a while and after purchasing el cheapo pads i figured its time to upgrade to something that works a little better. That and with the 39.5" iroks my brakes need all the help they can get. so my question is what are the good, better, best pads out there and where have we all gotten them at.

thanks all

Bryon

i actually have 39.5" iroks 4runner calipers and monte carlo rear calipers. Im not sure what pads i have, ii think they were ordered from cruiser dan, so probally OEM. Anyways the cruiser stops great, better than any of the 80's we have had, and i still have the stock MC.

yeah im still running drum rears and havent quite decided to spend the money for rear disks some say they are great which is what i think and others say they arent worth it just go with hydroboost. My brakes were giving me a fit then i put new hardware on the drums, bled them again and adjusted the rear and put a t100 master on since mine had blown and no replacements local and they were a little better. Then i took it wheeling and after a few trips through the mud holes. I left to go home and i have never had brakes as good as they are now. just looking to squeeze what i can out of what i have for now. In other words i have spent way too much on the truck this year and dont want to piss the misses off any more than needed(trying to build a '93 mustang prostreet this winter)

thanks

Bryon

so except for cody here none of the other 58 or so views have an opinion of good brake pads come on someody help me out i just want some real world advice and i looked on the search and didnt see what i wanted

thanks
Bryon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom