4Runner Trail wheels on the FZJ80 / LX450 - Anyone done it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I swear I googled and searched first ;)

Anyone running 4Runner Trail wheels on their FZJ80 / LX450? My FJ Cruiser and offroad trailer use these rims and I was trying to see if they worked on the FZJ80 / LX450 and before some wise gentleman suggest trying one of mine that I already have I just bought an LX450 this evening and its dark outside - Pics are helpful if you have them in the light of day ;)

I thought about running a set but didn't like they way looked on the Cruiser. You may want to run them with a wheel spacer to get the correct offset.
IMG_6472.JPG

Not sure about that particular wheel, but some of the fancy FJC wheels are made in China and they do not have the DOT T (truck) rating for strength.The OEM cruiser wheels DO have this rating, for what it's worth.It may be important for some of us, and not so much for other of us.

I have the earlier trail edition/FJ Cruiser wheels. I've tried a set of those newer trail edition wheels but I didn't care for the look. I don't think they go with the 80 series' roundish body as well as the earlier ones that I have.

INSTALLED: 17" FJ Alloys and 35s!

IMG_3857.JPG

Here's a picture of mine that the previous owner had taken, I'm not sure on the year - did they always come in black? I know nothing about them.

To be honest, the dark wheel color is growing on me and goes well with the dark emerald color but the spacing seems slightly off and I generally prefer OEM. So still trying to decide if I'll buy a fifth tire and wheel or change it all out.

I have 17” Sequioa wheels on mine.
If back spacing is the same, get 1.5” SpiderTrax spacers.
Slee carries them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom