45 series production dates. (1 Viewer)

Bear

SILVER Star
Having followed the various 45 registries here on Mud, I have a question for the "experts" among us: what are the various starting and stopping dates and frame numbers for each of the different 45 series models?

The Specter Off Road FJ45 Frame List only lists 1964-1968 frame numbers, and it is apparently for all the various models thrown in together. But what are the dates for: FJ45P/FJ45LP short bed pickups, FJ45P-b/FJ45LP-B long bed pickups, FJ45V/Fj45LV wagons, FJ45 Troopies? I have info for the 8/80-10/84 BJ45, and info for the 8/80-6/85 HJ47.

Is there any info about production serial numbers of soft-tops vs hard-tops, fixed-top vs removeable top shorties?

I have read that the 45 series frame numbering started with FJ45-10001--is that correct?

I have also records from 8/80 onwards that there were different serial numberings for models intended for the European market. Are there different numberings for the Japanese home market as well, or are they part of the overall FJ45 frame numbering records?

And to complicate matters even more, what exactly are the frame numbering records for the various non-Japanese assembly plants: Venezuela, South Africa, Brazil (Bandeirante), etc. that assembled CompleteKnockDown trucks from Japanese and home-market parts. I'm assuming that the flat-beds assembled in Australia were from cab/frame models sent there from Japan? South American ID (VIN) plates indicate a different numbering system.

Part of my reasons for asking this is to put the various FJ45 models in the Mud registries into perspective, bracketed by a starting and a stopping point, since so many examples seem to have been lost or destroyed over the years.

frismanis

SILVER Star
Not too long ago someone posted the old assembly plant codes on Instagram. I thought I saved it somewhere, but it isn't in my Cruiser pics folder. If I do find them I'll post them.

frismanis

SILVER Star
Scrolled back a month, and finally found it, but don't think this is what you were looking for. It was posted by @Onur so you might see if he has what you are actually looking for...

632BCD4A-8F04-4100-8E56-9FB40C67EB79_1_105_c.jpeg

Bear

SILVER Star
Thank-you, @frismanis . I have seen that before, but no one has ever indicated that each of those plants actually assembled 40-series Land Cruisers.

I'm hoping that Onur or one of the other knowledgeable folks here can share their expertise on the questions I asked above. I do think the answers would benefit the whole community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom