45 Long Beds (Gauging Interest) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CaptClose

SILVER Star
Threads
Ladies and Gents...

I’m new to the 45 section, but I’ve owned a 60 and an 80 series cruiser and I am now starting a 1FZJ45 project. I’ve been around Mud for a while and have a great reputation on the other sub-forums.

Which brings me to my offer... I am getting some sheet metal for my build from Colombia. Since I have family in Colombia, and access to a world-class body shop there, I’ve decided to subsidize shipping by offering a group buy on these long beds in order to fill a container and split up the cost of freight.

These beds are made with the same gauge sheet metal as the original factory (combination of 12 & 16 gauge metal). The quality of these beds are amazing and will save you hundreds of hours of metalwork to restore your original bed (if you have one). Latches, hinges, tailgate and headache rack are all included with the bed.

Each bed undergoes a three-step process in our body shop to make sure your bed is ready to go when you receive it. First, an epoxy primer spray is laid down followed by seam sealer on all the known problem areas where water can settle and rust can form. Last, they are sprayed with a final coat of surface primer before being re-crated and ready for transport.

Here are some pictures of the actual bed:

BEC4FE59-09DA-433F-AB8D-EE4FBA7E39E1.jpeg

EFEFA42D-3F0C-4D1C-99C0-888ACD455DBD.jpeg

37C8BDE2-2AE9-414F-8D9A-C76BC6E1361F.jpeg

5B7F051E-00D6-4BEE-AFF8-8AB6D7D8A9F1.jpeg

5C6E1080-8767-4948-9198-713258D2A978.jpeg

Price on these will be $4500-$4900, depending on whether we can fill a 20 or 40 foot container. Obviously, the more we can fit into a container, the lower the price is for everyone.

The plan is to ship the container into Houston. Since this will be my first import, I can’t give anyone an accurate timeframe for the Colombia to Houston leg of the trip. It could be a few months, if you need something yesterday, this probably isn’t going to be the opportunity you’re looking for. However, if you have some time, this is definitely what you’re looking for.

Shipping from Houston isn’t part of the price, but they’ll be available for pickup at no cost, or we’ll ship them to your door using whatever method you prefer at your expense.

I’d like everyone to chime in to express their interest. If there is enough to move forward, I’ll begin taking deposits. And putting names onto the confirmed list.

I have mine, and another members already sold, that leaves space for 8 more beds. I suppose if interest goes well over 8, I can look into getting another container. For now, at least the first eight confirmed orders will get filled.

Feel free to chime in with any questions you may have. I also have available almost any 40/45 body part you’re looking for, so if you don’t need a bed, there might be other opportunities to help fill a container. Just let me know what you’re looking for. Thanks all.

-Ryan

Last edited:
Each bed is seam sealed for rust mitigation

9ED341D5-C2EA-4C7E-AB2A-23C6D1E268B1.jpeg

Followed by a final coat of primer...

EA8FCF20-A87F-4415-8588-487B9CEE6EB0.jpeg

Ready for paint...

EA8FCF20-A87F-4415-8588-487B9CEE6EB0.jpeg

A18F76DD-5F7C-411E-8A9D-69B0930DD061.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool if enough beds are needed. What I want is a crewcab 4 door tub! Are they capable of producing these? You would fill a container right away!

I doubt it, but I’ll definitely look into it for you. I agree though, this would be a sweet option. Not quite as plug and play enough for the masses I imagine.

I may be interested I need details on payment and shipping option from Houston to SA TX.bSend me a pm.

I may be interested I need details on payment and shipping option from Houston to SA TX.bSend me a pm.

I’m in San Antonio too. I’ll haul yours up from Houston with mine and Jimmy’s. Maybe o can just rent a box truck or something.

I’ll be putting in the first orders next week. I’m thinking 50% down and the balance when they are ready to pickup/ship from Houston. PM me for more details brother. Thanks!

-Ryan

Any chance the vendor would do a bed floor/wheel well kit? That seems to be the area of the bed assembly that gets beat up the most. It could come in pieces to save space and make shipping easier.

Unfortunately my LV rebuild is the current money pit soaking up all extra funds. Just trying to be creative to start stocking key pieces for a future restoration of my pickup.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd sure love one for my 45 and maybe sell the one I have that's whole. Only thing is... 5 grand feels a little high to me. Maybe I'm crazy but I can buy a running FJ40 for that. (Don't beat me up for being broke.)

I'd sure love one for my 45 and maybe sell the one I have that's whole. Only thing is... 5 grand feels a little high to me. Maybe I'm crazy but I can buy a running FJ40 for that. (Don't beat me up for being broke.)

I completely understand your point of view. These are definitely not for everyone. I wish our Land Cruisers were like fords and chevys and that we could just go to Walmart and buy a fender or a carb off the clearance shelf haha. Lucky for us, we chose the road less traveled... but it does come with a few trade offs. I won’t beat you up, or anyone else for being broke. Our wealth is measured in Cruisers and memories. Behind the wheel of a well maintained Land Cruiser and enough cash in your pocket for a few tanks of gas, you can go places and create memories that few “wealthy” people will ever experience. Cheers to you my friend. I’ll see you on the trail.

I bought my first FJ40 in ‘88. I’ve owned 4 40s and have a 45. It’s quite solid but will take work to get the bed nice again. I’m not a metal working guy or a body man so a bolt on bed would be awesome. Just not sure I can justify 6k to have one here.

I bought my first FJ40 in ‘88. I’ve owned 4 40s and have a 45. It’s quite solid but will take work to get the bed nice again. I’m not a metal working guy or a body man so a bolt on bed would be awesome. Just not sure I can justify 6k to have one here.

Yes... but

0A850141-63B6-45B1-8E09-F403D6DFDD68.jpeg

PS. Just $4500 😁

What do you think it would cost to get the bed from TX to middle TN? $4500 plus...

By the way... Gorgeous truck and without the white fence, I'd almost swear the shot was taken right down the street here.

What do you think it would cost to get the bed from TX to middle TN? $4500 plus...

By the way... Gorgeous truck and without the white fence, I'd almost swear the shot was taken right down the street here.

Truck isn’t mine, but definitely an inspiring cruiser. It does look right out of Tennessee. Beautiful country up there. One of my favorite areas of the country.

Man, if you really want a bed, we’ll figure out how to get it to you. Maybe we can Mud ship it or I can meet you half way or something. Just drive your 45 on over and we’ll bolt it on and you can drive it back. Don’t let local shipping hold you up bud.

Great idea! But there's one big problem...

It's not a running truck. No engine. Partially disassembled. Ready for a complete frame up. A half way trip with a car hauler may do it though. I need to find out what my bed assembly is worth. No cancer just surface rust and good use. I'm wanting a very clean end result. If anyone's listening, I have tailgate to headache rack with a spare tailgate. All without cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom