45 Long Beds (Gauging Interest) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to have the measurements for an '82 and a '65 FJ45 bed by Monday. That will make sure they're a sure fit. I'm very confident it will prove they are the same. Without measurements, the bottom of the bed shown above looks VERY similar to my '65.

There is a difference in mounting between the early 3 hinge and later 4 hinge. As these are Not drilled yet, it shouldn’t be too big a deal to mount.
Actually, the new beds are drilled for the 4 hinge mount of the tailgate. At least, that's what I think you're talking about.

Re-read your post @whitey45 about 3 times. Since this is a new page, now I get your post. Sorry. So now that I understand your post, what are the differences? Can't be much. Just looking at the shot of the new (later model) bed, when I looked under my '65, they look as if they could be the same location.

The front and rear are the same, the middle two mounts are off just an inch or two, might require a little fab, but no big deal. Sorry for the confusion, was talking about the two different beds between the early 3 hinge, and later 4 hinge ( the only way to differentiate the two.

I got the clarity between the two once I realized what you were saying.

So. 5 pads right and left sides. Are you saying the first one and the fifth one are the same but the rest are all off? Knowing this kind of stuff will help when I'm on the phone talking about the differences with my buddy that owns the '82 FJ45. It's been so long since I removed the mounts on the bed, I can't remember how many are actual bolted mounts down each side.

Okay fellas. Here's the latest scoop on the FJ45 long beds. I've got a local buddy with an '82 FJ45 and my '65 in the barn. I got him to measure the distances between all the 10 mounts under the bed and then I compared them to mine. Only 1 measurement was off as much as 0.5". My buddy said he may have been off enough to make that up. The others were within 0.25". Again, we both could be off to add that up. Across the back we were off by again, 0.5". By the look of the shot we've all seen of the new sheet metal, I believe we can safely say that since the mounting pads are pretty large, we should have no trouble mounting these beds on an early truck or late model and line them up with no problems. It simply adds a little time to get the bed lined up with the rest of the body and mark it, then drill.

Good news...

@CaptClose - Did the beds ever make it into the USA?

We are getting close... we wound up ordering more beds and other body parts than expected and we switched to the larger container (40 foot), so fabrication went longer than expected... then of course we got hit with the Covid that delayed things now 😩

Anyway... things are back on track and we have just 4-5 items left to get through fabrication. Hoping to ship next month 👍🏼

Christmas came early this year. Thanks a bunch

20210327_004506.jpg

20210327_004511.jpg

love the “dead of night” pics - adds to the drama 😂

Now for SWB fixed top beds. Yeah right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom