40 series tach repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't find anything in ih8mud about repairing the actual tachometer on a 40 series. Everything is about checking connections, terminals, etc. but nothing about the actual tach. Is that because the problem is never in the tach, itself? Like others on mud, mine works every great once in a while and only when the engine's been running for a while. Assuming I've checked and cleaned connections, what else could it be and what is it about the tach that could be broken? I've taken it partially apart but don't know how to get the needle off to look under the rpm indicator. Please advise. Thanks.

I can't find anything in ih8mud about repairing the actual tachometer on a 40 series. Everything is about checking connections, terminals, etc. but nothing about the actual tach. Is that because the problem is never in the tach, itself? Like others on mud, mine works every great once in a while and only when the engine's been running for a while. Assuming I've checked and cleaned connections, what else could it be and what is it about the tach that could be broken? I've taken it partially apart but don't know how to get the needle off to look under the rpm indicator. Please advise. Thanks.
I don’t think 40s have tachometers unless it’s aftermarket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom