40 series 5 speed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious. The last posting here was 9 months ago. Was a selling price for the repro top cover ever announced?

I don’t understand....is this a tranny? A tranny cover? I don’t get what I’m looking at.

It's the cast aluminum selector housing that's the subject of the thread.
I am interested the cover for my 1978 40. I don't mind modifying my inspection cover but why do more than necessary. The truck will only resemble the truck I bought over 40 years ago on the surface anyway.

Any update yet?

I am interested the cover for my 1978 40. I don't mind modifying my inspection cover but why do more than necessary. The truck will only resemble the truck I bought over 40 years ago on the surface anyway.
If you're wanting to retain the original 4 speed shift location when converting to a 5 speed?.. Then this cover would be your answer.

I'll update the thread when I have any new info to share.

Last edited:
If you're wanting to retain the original 4 speed shift location when converting to a 5 speed?.. Then this cover would be your answer.

I'll update the thread when I have any new info to share.
Thank you for responding.
I have the skills for fabrication and layout but not enough tools with out have to buy more that will cut into my build budget.

I'm interested too if the price and timeline work. I'm putting mine together now and will likely MOD the tunnel soon to keep the project moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom