40 owner: 60 PS box with zerk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a 40 owner with a 60 PS conversion. After adjusting the free play in my PS box, I notice a zerk in the plate that holds the adjustment screw. There is no sign of grease on the zerk but I'm assuming that's what it's there for. Am I correct in assuming that I should give it a few squirts every time I do the chassis lube? Are there any special instructions as to amount or type of grease from the 60 experts out there? Thanks.

I'm a 40 owner with a 60 PS conversion. After adjusting the free play in my PS box, I notice a zerk in the plate that holds the adjustment screw. There is no sign of grease on the zerk but I'm assuming that's what it's there for. Am I correct in assuming that I should give it a few squirts every time I do the chassis lube? Are there any special instructions as to amount or type of grease from the 60 experts out there? Thanks.

you have a pic of were your talking about just looked at my FJ60 and BJ42 and dont see a zerk on either ajuster plate ??

I'm away from my truck right now. I did search on the subject and thought I saw that some boxes came with zerks and some not. I'll take a photo tomorrow if no one else recognizes this.

ok, here's a picture of the mysterious zerk.
No one has seen this?

This is definitely a toyota box and the pitman arm swings parallel to the ground. I assume that it's from a 60.
IMG_1025.jpg

looks like a bleeder screw not a zerk....I can't recall ever seeing one on all the 60 boxes I've had.

You're right. That makes more sense. Thanks..

bleeder screw and that does not look like a 60 box. take a step back and take a pic of the box. I'd like to see where it is located and get a better view of the box.

Mystery solved. It's an IFS Minitruck box-looks like this:
image-395562583.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom