3rd row seat removal/storage area, 2013 GX (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a quick search on here with no results. I just picked up a ‘13 GX460. We only have 1 kid, so was curious if anyone has removed the 3rd row seats and built a storage compartment in the space that it would leave? Thinking just a hinged, tilt up shelf to throw stuff under.

“Did a quick search on here” was your first problem :) search function on the forum kinda sucks (common).

Here’s a DIY for removing third row:3rd row seat removal - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Some remove it and DIY some storage, some buy a drawer setup from Dobinsons, Front Runner, ARB, Goose Gear, etc.

I’m personally designing a setup that’ll work with the Front Runner base box setup with a fridge slide on one side.

Start here for set removal.

Thank you. I can usually find what I’m looking for over in the 60 Forum.

A 5 seater model is apparently available outside of North America

Notice the differences in Russian owner's manual and how the second row stows, different cargo area hooks and the load height.

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

Reactions: r2m
Interesting!
How in the world did you come across that, Mr. Wiki, err, Acrad?? ;)

There was a poster on one of the FB 460 sites (I assume GCC or Eurasian market) who was adamant about the 5 seat models. I had seen references in literature in the past but never saw any pictures so thought it might be a bad translation or just a reference that vehicle with second row bench was 5 seater if 3rd row was stowed. Decided to dig a little deeper.

This is a little off topic but notice they also have the setup for multiple tires sets for TPMS like the GX 470 had for 10-19 models. 2020+ can self program TPMS.

screen_shot_2021_05_16_at_6_43_25_am_e4258c024a9d1976dd3a3c1f092f2850b53afd9b.png
screen_shot_2021_05_16_at_6_44_35_am_c380cf8f952933480aca0d8c98dfc744c8044425.png

I wonder if the TPMS setup could be retrofit here... I deflate a lot for off road and wonder, too--does this give the "horn-honk" when re-inflating to let you know TPMS sees the right PSI range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom