3rd gen acceleration problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm stuck and need help please!!! (bold/underlined is the problem)

I have a 2002 4runner limited 4x4.
Things I've done "mechanically":
- new engine (same 5vz-fe) 8 months ago
- cold air intake 4 months ago
- flowmaster super 40
- new catalytic converters 2 years ago

My check engine light has been on for about a year now and it's code p1130. It still ran flawlessly just wanted to get rid of the code since I have emissions due Sunday. So 2 nights ago I changed the bank 1 sensor 1 (or upstream) o2 sensor, with a new gasket of course. I unplugged my battery for 20ish minutes so the computer would reset and since then I've driven 250+ miles and the check engine light has not come back on so problem fixed right? NOOOO!!!!
It starts flawlessly and drives perfect the first time hitting the gas pedal, but when I get up to the speed limit then come to a stop the next time hitting the gas it lags ... ALOT. It's as if it's skipping and tachometer is skipping. It has a hesitation every other second of staying on the gas and skips/lags extremely bad when going up any incline and i'm afraid it's damaging something. please help!!!
So I've contacted many mechanics and they don't know what the problem is.
Could it be because theirs a new o2 sensor and it's just now reading the cold air intake?
I honestly don't know what to do and could really use some guidance.

Find someone who has an Obd2 scanner that can record while running. Start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom