3FE Xaust Mans on 2F head/CArb'd Intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wanna see how they come out

thinkin about the bacon grease cure....no, really

mmmm, what's cookin? a set of oil soaked manifolds- the boss wouldn't let me steal her bacon grease. so this in canolla oil...

P1010289.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010291.jpg

these are mock up pics- never mind the hard ware...there will be no fluid heat riser under this intake:doh:

P1010299.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010294.jpg

manifold faces are milled flat intake and exhaust, each mounting boss is ground/filed to match the intake bosses to w/i 5-10 thousandths. I'm feeling pretty good so far...

P1010292.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010297.jpg

man those are some crappy pics!

Are you going to use flange nuts or heavy washers to increase the surface contact area on the manifolds? I think it helps to keep the manifolds flat to the head.

Looks good.

Doug

heavy washers....

almost done!

P1010326.jpg

P1010324.jpg

P1010325.jpg

also have some pics in the 40 series section thread linked at the beginning of this one...

P1010317.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010323.jpg

IT'S ALIVE, and it sounds great- even without the mufflers. No more exhaust leaks, lots of flow, yeah, so far, so good, I like this mod...still need to make hangers and take her on the road, then finish the pipe runs

worth it:lol: holy pig was it worth it.....think SBC with 2 barrel carb and smogger cam. now I just gotta get some mufflers or else I'm gunna hafto make reports to the FAA, cause it sounds like a Bi-plane:hillbilly: about half pedal when I went from 3rd to 4th doing 60 at 3500rpms- 34" rubber 4.10 rear gear
incidently, I am running an FZJ80 rear custom width with 4.10 gears, an early FJ60 H42 and matching 34mm splitcase with stock speedo drive gear and nylon cable gear into a stock geared FJ55 speedo and the speed versus revs seem spot on. I imagine this same formula would work for anyone using a 4.11 geared speedometer with the 3.70 geared drive gear and matching nylon gear with the stock 4.10/11 gear rear end AND 34" TIRES should be rather close to speed when the speedo registers 60:meh:

just to finish up...fabbed a y pipe and pass it all thru a cheap turbo muff with pre axle dump...got to run it all the way back but cutting and welding is winter work...

So does this mean one could instal 2F headers on a 3FE?

So does this mean one could instal 2F headers on a 3FE?
most likely yes, but then, WHY? > the 3fe manifolds are about as flowing as the 2F headers, and a set of manifold halves can be had for about a hundo...unless you have a cracked mani and a spare set of 2F headers, it would be a fools errand.

Thanks for saving me two hundred :)

I'm doing a 3FE rebuild so I have manifolds, just curious

3FE headers would be even better :)

3FE headers would be even better :)

I dunno, man.

3F and 3FE are the same, and I couldn't see how one could improve much on the 3Fs I had, beyond cleaning up the casting irregularities, mebbe port matching, and/or ceramic coating.

Didn't do much of anything but slight polishing and grinding down the edges of the casting, all for that extra .065 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom