[3FE] Strange sound only occurs at high RPM. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's a bit difficult to hear it clearly in the video and it almost sounds like some random body rattling but it definitely isn't that... Only happens at high RPMs and you can feel it from the steering wheel.

Has anyone dealt with this before?
Search hasn't provided anything useful - these trucks make all kinds of noises...:steer:

Check your fan for interference with the core and the shroud. Check yur oil lately?

Check your fan for interference with the core and the shroud. Check yur oil lately?

The fan isn't interfering with anything.
And I'm on my oil like white on rice... Already bit the bullet once before, never again.

It has been crazy hot lately. I'm wondering if I should bump up my viscosity next oil change. Currently running 10w-30.

The fan isn't interfering with anything.
And I'm on my oil like white on rice... Already bit the bullet once before, never again.

It has been crazy hot lately. I'm wondering if I should bump up my viscosity next oil change. Currently running 10w-30.
all I run is 10-40 because of the heat here... as far as the video. its hard to tell. how hot was it running? maybe do a full tune up? is it running properly?

Check the tension and condition of the belts.
Check the PS and AC belt tensioner bearings for play or slop.
Make sure the fan shroud is seated correctly in the 2 bottom tabs and is tight against the radiator without play.

If it is truly RPM related then you should be able to pinpoint it from under the hood. Oil viscosity isn't going to matter much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom