3FE Owners Check-In (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The ad is gone. What was the asking price? Just sold my 62 for $14K and my 80 now has 107K mi.

Google Tyler Texas used car center on Broadway. Dealer still has it. Price reduced.

The ad is gone. What was the asking price? Just sold my 62 for $14K and my 80 now has 107K mi.
Further examination shows that I think it is a 92 that I almost purchased a few years ago in South Dakota. It was a Frankman Motors. Same seat repair, headlight washer attachment???, radio and trim. Miles make sense as well. I would have to see a car fax to prove it. Very nice rig. I think they fixed the seat and painted the flares up north. Dealer in Texas removed the decals on the sides.

Frankman Motors Ad from years ago.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 4x4 For Sale - 120,133 Miles $11,975

Further examination shows that I think it is a 92 that I almost purchased a few years ago in South Dakota. It was a Frankman Motors. Same seat repair, headlight washer attachment???, radio and trim. Miles make sense as well. I would have to see a car fax to prove it. Very nice rig. I think they fixed the seat and painted the flares up north. Dealer in Texas removed the decals on the sides.

Frankman Motors Ad from years ago.

1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 4x4 For Sale - 120,133 Miles $11,975

Oh yeah it's the same truck. Even the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel is missing the door.

Oh yeah it's the same truck. Even the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel is missing the door.
it is a nice truck. I really liked it at the time. History looked good to me at the time. Minnesota plates. It had a University of Central Forida college decal on the back window. The story seemed to check out. Frankman handles some pretty unique stuff. I found an email from 2016 that has the trade in photos prior to seat repair, from bumper repair, and detailing. It was a strait rig with a pretty clean history. Someone really spent some time and money on it and cleaned it up to a high level. Its in Texas so someone tinted the windows. Probably a good idea in Texas. If is is mechanically sound that price is not too far off. Hard to restore an early FJ80 and get to this level.

Last edited:
3FE owner checking in, just bought a 92 last night for $3000. 176k. Lots of stuff to fix and work on. but I drove it ~25 miles to work on the free way and she chugged along at 75mph with no problems.

3FE owner checking in, just bought a 92 last night for $3000. 176k. Lots of stuff to fix and work on. but I drove it ~25 miles to work on the free way and she chugged along at 75mph with no problems.
Welcome to the 3FE world. Those FZJ80 folks just don't get it...

I have my 91 for over 4 yrs now, bought it when it was bone stock. Now in retrospect, i would never buy a 4.5L rig just simply because i have seen way too many 1fz-fe with blown head gaskets. The statistic don't lie. The 3FE is bulletproof. not perfect, but with the same base lining and preventive maintenance, it is much more reliable than the 1fe-fe. It is slighly slower, but regearing, desmog, advanced timing, etc. can make up alot. In conclusion, i am very happy with my choice and would not do anything different.

I have my 91 for over 4 yrs now, bought it when it was bone stock. Now in retrospect, i would never buy a 4.5L rig just simply because i have seen way too many 1fz-fe with blown head gaskets. The statistic don't lie. The 3FE is bulletproof. not perfect, but with the same base lining and preventive maintenance, it is much more reliable than the 1fe-fe. It is slighly slower, but regearing, desmog, advanced timing, etc. can make up alot. In conclusion, i am very happy with my choice and would not do anything different.

I think the 3F-E is under rated in the land cruiser community and they're generally a better deal.

I think the 3F-E is under rated in the land cruiser community and they're generally a better deal.

Our 3FE (the actual engine) has run perfectly, without fail and without exception, since the day it came home from the dealer lot.

Last edited:
Has anybody experienced weird issue with the cardon refurbished afm? I'm getting a weird surge just off idle after I put it in, but it runs better everywhere else

Just purchased a '91 with 158K. Its stock right now bout to dig into it and see what all i really want to do to it. It's my first LC ever so I am pretty excited.

Just purchased a 91’ as well. 160k miles. The 3FE wouldn’t be my first choice to be honest, but for a 100% rust free, 2x owner, with a spotless interior I’ll learn to cope with my life choices haha. It’s just getting really hard to find non-ragged out trucks for “reasonable” money.

Had this for a year now. 1991 base model 135k
Lots of OEM parts lots aftermarket tons o cash into it. Enjoy
1AE303E1-2D35-41FB-A391-465F9A05F0F9.jpeg

192D6CAB-7806-415D-9CBD-720BD3F9F6D0.jpeg

703D34C8-7610-43E5-9D53-9E75877234F4.jpeg

43634F2A-E28B-4240-8E46-619AE48B932F.jpeg

00558BB5-825D-4A73-9AA0-430C28793EFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Had this for a year now. 1991 base model 135k
Lots of OEM parts lots aftermarket tons o cash into it. Enjoy

So jealous! I wish I would have never sold my sunroof delete truck :(

Anyone know official payload of 91/92 80 series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom