3FE Owners Check-In (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any idea what kind of MPG you had before? I'm interested in seeing what it has dropped too. Im guessing you are still running all smog stuff because of your state.
[/QUOTE]

I've deleted the egr because it wasn't sealing up good but the smog pump is still installed.

I've been getting between 100-120 miles per tank with 35s stock gears and heavy bumpers

I'm right around there maybe a tad worse. Beginning of next year this thing will be getting 5.29s and lockers, I hope that will improve the mpg. Till then I keep my extra 5 gallon tank full all the time haha

I'm right around there maybe a tad worse. Beginning of next year this thing will be getting 5.29s and lockers, I hope that will improve the mpg. Till then I keep my extra 5 gallon tank full all the time haha
what size tires? I lost about 1mpg going from 33s to 35s, and from 35s to 37s. I was about 12-13mpg when stock

Any idea what kind of MPG you had before? I'm interested in seeing what it has dropped too. Im guessing you are still running all smog stuff because of your state.

I've deleted the egr because it wasn't sealing up good but the smog pump is still installed.

I've been getting between 100-120 miles per tank with 35s stock gears and heavy bumpers

like 5-6 mpg????? I get 12-15 in mine!

Gotta pay to play haha. But really I drive too fast and live in foot hills. 4.10 35 and 75 miles an hour don't equal good mileage
If your getting 5 -6mpg on 35s, I would be scared to ask when your on 37s...i get 11 mpg on 35s, you might want to get a tune up with that kind of mpg

Its had a full tune up. Last thing on the list is a valve job. My mpg has gone up significantly as I've been going through the engine and is still improving. I also have a new (used) ignitor and coil to go in because my tach gets out of sync with the motor every once in a while.
On a different note how much adjustment do I have on the distributor as far as timing advance. I've adjusted it pretty much to the end of the slot and the motor seems to be loving it. No knock and great power.

That makes a huge difference, I cant wait to get some gears in my rig.

I just filled up my rig after driving it all day for work and got 130 miles uncorrected on 35s in 15 goals I'm somewhere between 8-10 mpg if I felt like correcting for tire size. Also that was after the 2nd advancement of the timing. It's pretty much maxed out as far as adjustment and takes noticeably longer to start but that's to be expected.

That makes a huge difference, I cant wait to get some gears in my rig.

I just filled up my rig after driving it all day for work and got 130 miles uncorrected on 35s in 15 goals I'm somewhere between 8-10 mpg if I felt like correcting for tire size. Also that was after the 2nd advancement of the timing. It's pretty much maxed out as far as adjustment and takes noticeably longer to start but that's to be expected.
130 miles per your odometer? how did you advance timing? did you use a timing gun? Using the view port via the flywheel? I have not adjust my timing yet, so far, i can hold 60-65mph up the grapevine....not too shabby with full armor, lift and 37s...

130 on the odometer. I don't have a dial back light so I made the adjustments with no real reference. I advanced it 3 time after driving in hot conditions under high load listing for knock. After the last adjustment I'm pretty much at the end of the slot. Still no knock and she's running a lot better when highway cruising. I order a dial back light so I can see where I'm at, I was just wonder how high one could go if the felt so inclined

Got a ‘91 that needs a new fuel tank and filler tube, plus some body work after 10 winters in PA.
So I got a 92 from New Mexico off eBay.
The cooling system was badly plugged from stop leak, so the front heat blows cold. Since I have several things to do under the dash, I want to replace the heater core. That doesn’t seem to be in the FSM.
Any tips on sourcing a new one or surprises to watch out for?

F4447668-0171-45C4-89C2-E7D51FE34EA2.jpeg

Hello all, simi new owner of a 91 FJ80. Been quite the adventure getting her back up into running condition. Minor tune up, new plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cap, thermostat, broke lower thermostat housing ear off trying to remove a sheared off bolt. (fab shop did a fantastic job repairing it cant even tell.) New water pump fan clutch, front wheel bearing. All small things I feel confident doing. Which leads me to my issue... the map sensor!

Hello all, simi new owner of a 91 FJ80. Been quite the adventure getting her back up into running condition. Minor tune up, new plugs, wires, rotor, distributor cap, thermostat, broke lower thermostat housing ear off trying to remove a sheared off bolt. (fab shop did a fantastic job repairing it cant even tell.) New water pump fan clutch, front wheel bearing. All small things I feel confident doing. Which leads me to my issue... the map sensor!

What is the issue you are having?

What's the max timing you guys would recommend. I finally got a new timing light and it looks like I'm somewhere between 15-17 degrees base. I dont have any knock or anything and shes running great as is. I'm just wondering if I should turn her back down a bit to be on the safe side. Also I've been running 91 octane since I've turned up the timing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom