3FE Owners Check-In (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll dig around and see what I can find. I know there is a few small shops in my area...I'm sure one will do it.

Cat be gone was first step in my desmog. Chain stores didn't want anything to do with it. Local shop was maybe too excited to cut it off! they get a good price selling used cat guts, so usually happy to do it

Машиной владею 8 лет, пробег 200 тысяч миль, мотор 3FE, газ-бензин

[QUOTE = "91FJ80Super44, должность: 12195706, участник: 147768"]
Кстати, крутой крейсер
[/ QUOTE]
спасибо за поддержку!
браузер переводит для меня с английского

[QUOTE = "91FJ80Super44, должность: 12195706, участник: 147768"]
Кстати, крутой крейсер
[/ QUOTE]
спасибо за поддержку!
браузер переводит для меня с английского
Awesome, yeah I didn't know if it needed to be translated or not, my end isn't translating for me, so I figured that I would need to translated so you could read it

3FE owner here, ‘92 vintage, 100% unmolested, 281k as of today and still runs great. Fixin to do a part-time conversion on the t-case. Absolutely despise full-time 4wd’s.
I would keep the full time 4wd, because I have 2 friends with the part time conversion and they have issues with them spinning out in the rain, these are very tail happy , just posting my 2 cents man, Toyota engineers put it there for a reason, mine vs my friends cruiser, mine drives 10x better in wet weather, also why do you not like it, if it's bad mpg there are other things that can help to bring it up to 12-14 mpg without removing full-time 4wd, also post a pic
Happy Cruisin'

I would keep the full time 4wd, because I have 2 friends with the part time conversion and they have issues with them spinning out in the rain, these are very tail happy , just posting my 2 cents man, Toyota engineers put it there for a reason, mine vs my friends cruiser, mine drives 10x better in wet weather, also why do you not like it, if it's bad mpg there are other things that can help to bring it up to 12-14 mpg without removing full-time 4wd, also post a pic
Happy Cruisin'

Thanks for the note, but I know how to drive 😉

Thanks for the note, but I know how to drive 😉
That's cool, but just curious why you don't like the full time 4wd? I do understand that you want to do the conversion, also my friends are damn good drivers, but my buds and I live on a mountain and they both have had theirs sideways going down the mountain in the rain, but anyways I respect your decision and what are the benefits of the part time conversion? Maybe you could change my mind ... Honestly I have never done research on the part time conversion, because of my friends cruisers, is there benefits to the longevity of drivetrain components or gas mileage?

Last edited:
:worms:PT/FT again...

Happy Cruisin'

I would like to know what else I could do to bring up the mpgs? Im in CA so de-smog non option

:worms:PT/FT again...

I would like to know what else I could do to bring up the mpgs? Im in CA so de-smog non option
So I'm consistently getting 12 now, honestly desmog didn't improve my gas mileage, I was getting 6½ mpg and the new O2 sensors brought it back up to 12 again, it had the original Toyota O2 sensors on it , but in my county in Tennessee we still have emissions and she still passes w/o cats and smog delete, do they inspect under the hood in Cali?

Avg. about 12 give or take, get 14 every blue moon. I do about 80/20 hw/city. Bone stock

(Edit) 31x 10.5s
Yes in CA full inspection, and 2 good coughs

Avg. about 12 give or take, get 14 every blue moon. I do about 80/20 hw/city. Bone stock
That's not bad, I do 30% hw and 70% in city and get 12 average bone stock, so you could improve it a bit, but honestly as long as you are in double digits I would be happy, but first check your spark plugs and see if they look normal or if they look like the motor is running rich, if it's running rich I would replace O2 sensors and go from there, go off this guide and see which one they look like

That's cool, but just curious why you don't like the full time 4wd? I do understand that you want to do the conversion, also my friends are damn good drivers, but my buds and I live on a mountain and they both have had theirs sideways going down the mountain in the rain, but anyways I respect your decision and what are the benefits of the part time conversion? Maybe you could change my mind ... Honestly I have never done research on the part time conversion, because of my friends cruisers, is there benefits to the longevity of drivetrain components or gas mileage?

If you ever drove one with the conversion the first thing you would do afterwards would be convert yours. These things drive down the road like they have a brake dragging. As soon as you make the conversion that feeling is eliminated and they feel like they gain 50hp. I’m not going to argue with anyone about why I’m doing it. To each their own.

If you ever drove one with the conversion the first thing you would do afterwards would be convert yours. These things drive down the road like they have a brake dragging. As soon as you make the conversion that feeling is eliminated and they feel like they gain 50hp. I’m not going to argue with anyone about why I’m doing it. To each their own.
Hey man I wasn't trying to argue, but I could see why it would feel more powerful, I'll ask to drive my friend's next time I see him, his already had the conversion when he bought it so he's never driven a full time cruiser so we'll swap trucks for a bit and I will see what he thinks and what I think,
Thanks
Happy Cruisin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom