3fe EFI headache. Need help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, so I have read through Jon's EFI diagnostic and am currently stumped as to where I should go next with my current issue.

After wheeling for about 2 hours while going up an incline my engine began to sputter and then began acting normally and let me continue moving forward. Shortly after coming down the trail and back on the main dirt road my engine began the same behavior and I stopped completely. After completely stopping the engine stalled out. I initially thought "fuel pump issue" so I went and got a new fuel pump and roadside replaced the pump. This did not help. (Note: this was all prior to me reading about the EFI no CEL issue.)

So I research and find that I have a no CEL when key is in the on position leading me to begin diagnosing the EFI as Jon's instructions denote. I find that everything has the proper voltage up until I get to the pin 8 in the diagnostic box. I am reading almost no voltage coming through this pin which is leading me think it's a wiring issue. I am not too savvy when it comes to electrical components under the hood so I am reaching out for your knowledge.

And the issue was?...

Can't leave the thread unresolved :).

And the issue was?...

Can't leave the thread unresolved :).
Fair enough... The issue was simply the main EFI relay. It was engaging but not connecting. Reason I didn't initially think it was that was because jumping the pins in the relay slot wasn't giving me the CEL.

Fair enough... The issue was simply the main EFI relay. It was engaging but not connecting. Reason I didn't initially think it was that was because jumping the pins in the relay slot wasn't giving me the CEL.
If replacing the relay fixed the issue, then you weren't jumping the correct pins when you were testing, or your jumper was not making contact. You should have jumped pins 2-4.

Relay Block Fender.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom