3D Printed Rear Door Speaker Spacer with handle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
So if you have a lifted cruiser and little kids you know the struggle of them trying to climb in the back. I also wanted to upgrade the speakers in the rear doors. I have a 3D printer and knew this could be solved. Since my design skills are still in the tinkercad levels I had a buddy at work design this 20mm speaker spacer with integrated handle. I had two sets of holes in the spacer. One set to mount the spacer to the door and another set to mount speaker to the spacer. I used riv nuts in the door to make sure it was nice and secure for the kids. I used PETG filament and 40% infill and it is plenty strong for the kiddos. Printer is an Ender 3

here is the STL for anyone that is going to ask: Speaker Spacer W/ Handle

This is awesome! It effectively kills two birds with one stone. Now I just need to get access to a 3D printer....

Going to offer these for sale? I'd be interested in trying out a pair. My 4 year old goes for it but would really benefit from a hand-hold!

That is cool. I could have used those 5 years ago...

This is genius! I'm going to have to find a maker space or something to have a couple printed. My daughters would benefit from these while trying to climb in.

I'm in. I've got a 3 and 5 year old AND a set of rear door speakers sitting in the garage. 👍

My printer is idle right now too. Just need to order some filament. maybe offer 2 colors. orange and black. I am out of town next week but I could get printing some after that. PM me and we could see what happens.

Awesome idea. I did this for the same reason but my kids are a little taller.

IMG_7655.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom