3B engine rebuild (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had any experience with the Ebay 3B rebuild kits. Worth the money or junk? Can anyone in Australia recommend a supplier?

I completed a "from scratch" rebuild of my 3B over the last winter. Most of my parts came from Amayama and MegaZip (bearings, cylinder liners, pistons, etc.) but all of my gaskets and seals came from Engines Australia. The one notable exception was the oil pump gears that came from City Racer in the US. I had to take my injectors and fuel pump to a local diesel shop (I don't have the equip or expertise). On previous rebuilds of B engines I discovered that there are some really s***ty cylinder liners out there -- which I think came from China via either Specter or CruiserParts (I can't remember).

Having said that, I have never used E-Bay for any of my engine bits, so I cannot comment on their stuff, although MegaZip uses E-Bay quite a lot for promotion. Bear in mind that everything has a loooong lead time.

If you can find a source for a 24v EDIC, that would be wonderful !

Good Luck ! :)

@OGBeno did a complete 3B rebuild thread within the last year or two, with as many OEM parts as possible (I know, imagine that.)

Do a quick search and I’m sure you’ll be able to find it. Lots of good tech in that thread, too.

@OGBeno did a complete 3B rebuild thread within the last year or two, with as many OEM parts as possible (I know, imagine that.)

Do a quick search and I’m sure you’ll be able to find it. Lots of good tech in that thread, too.
Thanks for your reply. Oddly after literally scouring the world for 4 Conrods(which I located, many thanks Matt) I was offered a 270000Ks 13B-T engine for a price I couldn't refuse. I'll still be rebuilding the old engine also. Thanks all for your comments/help.

For reference:

The 3B is pretty long in the tooth now. You might want to think about a 13BT or 15BT swap.

what exactly is better about a 13bt? A turbo and direct injection? it’s virtually the exact same engine. I’d rather have idi better for running any fuel you throw at it, its a motor made for reliability, virtually the entire engine is being repopped now in china and I wouldn’t hesitate to use a Chinese head, chinese liner/pistons gasket kit off Alibaba.com. Ditch the Edic it’s a pos with nylon gears in it, buy a military surplus engine stop pull cable. There are suppliers with 5 star reviews that sell to everyone probably the same eBay person you’re looking at who’s just reselling them, as well as many other resellers and the stuff is well made. It isn’t like the old days where stuff from china is just pure junk the same factories make 4BTs and 6BT’s and they’re not exactly new school technology and they last as good or better then a 3B yes even the Chinese variants. Where do you think engines come from, tons of quality manufacturing is done there these days. I don’t like it, but it’s how the world is right now, may as well buy directly from the manufacturer and not someone reselling for a profit.

I’d rather have a 3B then a new 6.7 litre power joke with plastic rocker arm retaining clips and all the other plastic garbage that breaks around 100000kms. fords diesels are junk, unless it’s an old 7.3 I wouldn’t touch it they’re all worse then any other manufacturer.

what exactly is better about a 13bt? A turbo and direct injection? it’s virtually the exact same engine. I’d rather have idi better for running any fuel you throw at it, its a motor made for reliability, virtually the entire engine is being repopped now in china and I wouldn’t hesitate to use a Chinese head, chinese liner/pistons gasket kit off Alibaba.com. Ditch the Edic it’s a pos with nylon gears in it, buy a military surplus engine stop pull cable. There are suppliers with 5 star reviews that sell to everyone probably the same eBay person you’re looking at who’s just reselling them, as well as many other resellers and the stuff is well made. It isn’t like the old days where stuff from china is just pure junk the same factories make 4BTs and 6BT’s and they’re not exactly new school technology and they last as good or better then a 3B yes even the Chinese variants. Where do you think engines come from, tons of quality manufacturing is done there these days. I don’t like it, but it’s how the world is right now, may as well buy directly from the manufacturer and not someone reselling for a profit.

I’d rather have a 3B then a new 6.7 litre power joke with plastic rocker arm retaining clips and all the other plastic garbage that breaks around 100000kms. fords diesels are junk, unless it’s an old 7.3 I wouldn’t touch it they’re all worse then any other manufacturer.
Great points. I love the old idea that all
Chinese stuff is junk. I 100% don’t like supporting China but for now- our government is about the same anyway. But our iPhones and all kinds of stuff come from China and they’re phenomenal.

I also have a 3b and a spare that I’m gonna rebuild. You have details on the mechanical kill? The military pull cable? One has a bad edic and the other is good (want to try to repair the bad one) but love the mechanical aspect.

The exact one I have is green, but this may actually be a bit better then mine, if I come across the exact one I got I will post. I just looped it around

IMG_0661.jpeg
The exact one I have is green, but this may actually be a bit better then mine, if I come across the exact one I got I will post. I just looped it around

As far as the install I tried to get a couple pictures for you, I just bent up a piece of metal with a bolt to pinch the outer sheathing of the cable then just looped it around to the lever on the injection pump. Simple but functional.

img_0666-jpeg.3607097

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0661.jpeg
    IMG_0661.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom