315’s on a 3” lifted 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! Figured I’d hop on here and see if anyone with an 80 was running a 3 inch lift on 35s /315’s. Mine is on a 3inch dobinsons lift and I am looking for the best tire choice. I wonder if I can clear 35s with no rubbing Even when flexed out. Also wanting to stay on the factory wheels. I posted on classifieds to see if anyone wanted to sell some 35s so if anyone sees this and is wanting to sell, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:
3” lift will handle 315’s no problem. You may need to drop the rear bump stops an inch or two. Did you mean to say that you want to keep the 16” factory wheels? If so, you’ll be looking at 315’s not tires with the flotation size designation of 35 as I believe all 35’s use a 17” and larger wheel. Now would be a good time to entertain us with a pic or two of your 80.

Ditto to what others have said. My Dobinsons lift is currently at about 2.25" in the front and 2.75" in the rear, no issues with 35s and factory-spec wheels.

35s are a great balance of form and function for the 80 series imo.

Last edited:
If you’re 80 actually flexes well, you’ll rub with any lift size. Bump stops/ trimming is how you fit tires. I think you’ll be happy with a 3” lift and 35s. A 2” lift just seemed a little low and I hit the belly on harder trails …… a lot

3” lift will handle 315’s no problem. You may need to drop the rear bump stops an inch or two. Did you mean to say that you want to keep the 16” factory wheels? If so, you’ll be looking at 315’s not tires with the flotation size designation of 35 as I believe all 35’s use a 17” and larger wheel. Now would be a good time to entertain us with a pic or two of your 80.
Hey dude! Yes thank you for responding. I want to run factory wheels. Do you think I should run extended brake lines or differential breather lines or different bump stops? I’ll post a pic on this thread of her when I get her back. She’s at the shop for a few days lol. Thanks again man!

Gotcha man. Yes I’m pretty new so I’m trying to learn as much as I can. I’ve done pretty much all the maintenance work myself. Now just looking for some tires. Send a pic of your tires if you get a chance. I’d like to take a look at them. Thanks dude.

Welcome to 80s and mud.

Yes. They’ll fit fine. And yes. Bump stops drops and brake lines are part of making a lift kit complete. IE working well not just looking good. Extend the breathers if you think you’ll be putting them at risk of submersion. Easy to do with some hose and a cheapy fuel filter on the end.

There are dozens of threads on the topic and a couple dedicated wheel and tire pic threads as well.

Where in nc?
You after MTs or ATs?

You should chime in over in the local clubhouse. You just missed a near new set on wheels. Come out to a dinner meet up if close by. CLT and RDUs have stayed more consistent. I’d say 75% of the vehicles that show (or at least in club roster) are 80s on 35s.

35s on 3” springs with and without flares
1673528132212.jpeg

A3247139-0DBE-4E04-B0CE-9D14F9D2D992.jpeg
73A1949D-9C1E-49CE-B534-BF5916B5FC20.jpeg
06EB1891-ACEE-450F-869A-4B7A0673F4E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to 80s and mud.

Yes. They’ll fit fine. And yes. Bump stops drops and brake lines are part of making a lift kit complete. IE working well not just looking good. Extend the breathers if you think you’ll be putting them at risk of submersion. Easy to do with some hose and a cheapy fuel filter on the end.

There are dozens of threads on the topic and a couple dedicated wheel and tire pic threads as well.

Where in nc?
You after MTs or ATs?

You should chime in over in the local clubhouse. You just missed a near new set on wheels. Come out to a dinner meet up if close by. CLT and RDUs have stayed more consistent. I’d say 75% of the vehicles that show (or at least in club roster) are 80s on 35s.

View attachment 3217072
View attachment 3217070View attachment 3217069View attachment 3217067

Welcome to 80s and mud.

Where in nc?
You after MTs or ATs?

View attachment 3217072
I am going to send you a PM man.

Welcome to 80s and mud.

Where in nc?
You after MTs or ATs?

View attachment 3217072
Sent you a PM buddy. I am looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends. Those pics you sent are what my 80 needs to look like lol.

Awesome dude! That's the exact set up i am shooting for! Nice rig buddy. Do you recommend those tires?

Hey dude! Yes thank you for responding. I want to run factory wheels. Do you think I should run extended brake lines or differential breather lines or different bump stops? I’ll post a pic on this thread of her when I get her back. She’s at the shop for a few days lol. Thanks again man!
All of this depends on how you intend to use the vehicle. If you will actually use it off road and cycle the suspension through its full range then, yes, do all these things you listed. You may also need to change the drive shaft over to a double cardan style (DC).

Welcome ! 315's on factory wheel mafia ? This is riding a little over 3" on a Slinky / Icon lift. Ditto on where in NC ? Didn't see a response, I grew up there.

View attachment 3217548

Jason
Hey dude! Nice rig. That’s what I want mine to look like! How are your 315s on your 80? Do you like them? Im near Charlotte, thomasville, Lexington and asheboro.

Cool, I grew up in Wilkesboro. I am pretty happy with 35's, I debated between 33's and 35's for way too long. With 35's and Slinky's it's a little taller than I planned, but it will come down some as I add armor, Also, I've decided the height is pretty awesome, so I'm good with it. I'm only 1,100 miles or so in after a pretty extensive rebuild, so still dialing things in, but it's actually better than I expected already. Very good ride and manners for the lift and tires. As others have mentioned, it isn't really a problem to run 35's at all, but it's a little more work to get everything what I would consider "right". I did extended brake lines as you mentioned, also did extended and adjustable rear links, extended sway bars, LCP sway bar links, and Delta Panhard bracket. I also regeared the transfer case with Sumo 10% underdrive gears to get the gearing back to near stock, and a Land Tank front double cardan driveshaft. So, yeah, I'm happy, except for my wallet.

Good luck and enjoy it !

Jason

Awesome dude! That's the exact set up i am shooting for! Nice rig buddy. Do you recommend those tires?
I like Duratracs a lot. Had two sets of them in that size. They do have a thin sidewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom