315/70/17 on Rock Warriors? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running this size tire on RWs? Right now I’m running 305/40R/22 on a diff set of wheels and did some mudflap cutting to make it work, changing these wheels and moving to RWs and wanted to max out the tire size without having to do any modifications like adding lift or UCAs.

Thoughts?

Anyone running this size tire on RWs? Right now I’m running 305/40R/22 on a diff set of wheels and did some mudflap cutting to make it work, changing these wheels and moving to RWs and wanted to max out the tire size without having to do any modifications like adding lift or UCAs.

Thoughts?

Your basically asking if you will have any trouble going from a stock size tire (probably on a low offset wheel) to a 35" tire on a high offset wheel (+50). Tons of threads on what it takes to fit a 35" tire on a 200 series. If you have LX, proper offset (.75' or 1" spacer on a RW) and a lot of plastic trimming will probably get you there. Body Mount chop may be necessary depending on how good your alignment is. If you have an LC, you are in for a lot more work.

Also, didn't mention what year, but at 35", if you have a 6 speed trans you are going to want to consider re-gearing. If you have a 8 speed the consensus is you could probably get by without it.

Your basically asking if you will have any trouble going from a stock size tire (probably on a low offset wheel) to a 35" tire on a high offset wheel (+50). Tons of threads on what it takes to fit a 35" tire on a 200 series. If you have LX, proper offset (.75' or 1" spacer on a RW) and a lot of plastic trimming will probably get you there. Body Mount chop may be necessary depending on how good your alignment is. If you have an LC, you are in for a lot more work.

Also, didn't mention what year, but at 35", if you have a 6 speed trans you are going to want to consider re-gearing. If you have a 8 speed the consensus is you could probably get by without it.
Appreciate that, it’s a 2015 LX and sounds like it’ll be a lot easier to just go the 285/70/17 route….

285/75R17 works on my LX with RWs. No spacers (a .75" spacer would probably work well here if you wanted the wider stance) and some aggressive plastic shaping. It sets your speedometer off about 8% but most of the time that reads low to begin with, so it's only off 2-3mph at 70mph. Only a half inch less tall than the 315/70R17. LX makes fitting 34-35s a lot easier. I can tell I'm not in the best gear ratios and plan to do a 4.30 gear swap, but it's not bad with stock gearing just not as smooth as it was on stock height wheels.

The best thing about 285/70R17 is that they are factory fitment for Jeeps with 33s, so lots of takeoffs in the secondary market if you are looking for a deal. It's pretty trivial to find Falken WildPeak AT3 and MTs as well as BFG KO2s in that size being replaced for 35s before the Jeep ever leaves the showroom. Also they fit easier and are the OEM size for the RW on a 200series.

Are you currently on the OEM Forged 22" wheels?

285/75R17 works on my LX with RWs. No spacers (a .75" spacer would probably work well here if you wanted the wider stance) and some aggressive plastic shaping. It sets your speedometer off about 8% but most of the time that reads low to begin with, so it's only off 2-3mph at 70mph. Only a half inch less tall than the 315/70R17. LX makes fitting 34-35s a lot easier. I can tell I'm not in the best gear ratios and plan to do a 4.30 gear swap, but it's not bad with stock gearing just not as smooth as it was on stock height wheels.

The best thing about 285/70R17 is that they are factory fitment for Jeeps with 33s, so lots of takeoffs in the secondary market if you are looking for a deal. It's pretty trivial to find Falken WildPeak AT3 and MTs as well as BFG KO2s in that size being replaced for 35s before the Jeep ever leaves the showroom. Also they fit easier and are the OEM size for the RW on a 200series.

Are you currently on the OEM Forged 22" wheels?
Nope, on some aftermarket wheels that the OO had put on it. Looking forward to getting the RWs on, I’m having them powder coated black right now.

Nope, on some aftermarket wheels that the OO had put on it. Looking forward to getting the RWs on, I’m having them powder coated black right now.
Make sure your powder coater uses a low curing temp powder. Forged wheels lose strength with the temps of typical powder coat curing.

Also pic of 315/70 on said rock warriors

FE194EBB-93B1-4E70-B863-41046FE59186.jpeg

Also pic of 315/70 on said rock warriors

View attachment 3104173
Ur rig looks sweet and that size wheel looks really good. I think the black RWs look great, why do you want to go back to the stock look?

How many other things need to be done in order for that size tire to work? My LX is stock and I dont have a big budget to make a lot of modifications. Thanks!

Ur rig looks sweet and that size wheel looks really good. I think the black RWs look great, why do you want to go back to the stock look?

How many other things need to be done in order for that size tire to work? My LX is stock and I dont have a big budget to make a lot of modifications. Thanks!

If I were working with limited budget I would not chase 35s. But that’s just me. You’ll be already much better off with a 285/70 or 285/75

I don’t hate the all black. But it’s almost to much black and I would like some contrast.

35s aren’t simple. But they aren’t that hard either

I don’t know if the spare will fit under the vehicle with that size if that matters.

The 295 70 r18 with stock 60mm offset wheels and 1-1.25” spacer is how you get to, I think, the largest tires you can while still being able to utilize the spare tire location.

I don’t know if the spare will fit under the vehicle with that size if that matters.

The 295 70 r18 with stock 60mm offset wheels and 1-1.25” spacer is how you get to, I think, the largest tires you can while still being able to utilize the spare tire location.
I’m about to test fit a Nitto recon and Revo3 in that size next week. Not sure I can fit it with my heritage wheel and 1.25 spacer without rubbing the sway bar. However, this setup will only be used for pavement and the occasional dirt roads, so not much crazy flexing.

do 315 K02's really count as 35's though? That's what I'm considering for my RW's and I have a 6spd, I also don't want to work very hard to make it work...

A 315/70R17 is practically a 35x12.5. KO2s spec at 34.4" x 12.7 vs 34.5" x 12.5 respectively.

This thread should show you practically everything you'll need to make that work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom