300 Series Land Cruiser wish list *Toyota Please Read* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright Greg here is my list. I had to think for a while on it. Obviously most have already stated my wishes. I should also mention I’ve had a few eco boost Ford F-150 rentals and BIL has one and just doesn’t feel right to me. Sure it’s quick and good mpg but feels gutless to me (personal opinion). Prefer V8 and I don’t really worry about mpg (Sorry sounds odd for being a Boulderite).

In no particular order:
  • Larger fuel tank. Figure out the tundra 38 G somehow.
  • Captain chairs in second row
  • Rear locker
  • Easily remove third row and reinstall in 5min.
  • TRD Pro version
  • Apple CarPlay. Going to happen already.
  • BOF continuation
  • More powerful efficient V8
  • Bold/aggressive design. Boxy lines. Take design cues from previous generations.
  • Improved cup holders up front. Love the GX holders. Work great for every style cup.
  • improved departure and approach angles with stock bumpers
  • Design easy replacement bumpers so no cutting required when installing aftermarket. Similar to Tundra.
  • More color options. Army green, cement, quicksand.
  • AC front seats. Not ventilated.
  • Real wood accents
  • More leather colors similar to Lexus
  • Warranty service accepted at Lexus dealership if LC. Ok long shot!
  • Blueray/dvd/cd head unit
  • Streaming options to rear entertainment screens. Netflix/Hulu.
  • More USB ports throughout cabin
  • No p-rated tires. Light trail rated tire.
  • Limit US sales to 2500/year. We all know they only give us the LC for tradition. They don’t care about sales or they would have eliminated it long ago. They make their sales worldwide. So make it more exclusive and desirable as a limited production vehicle with previous/current LC owners with first right of refusal for one each year. Some will do that but most will keep theirs long term and new owners can sign up to receive one.

Ok that’s it for now. I’m sure more to come.

Great List Cody, some new ground covered here that might not be too late to implement (such as available colors.)

Great List Cody, some new ground covered here that might not be too late to implement (such as available colors.)

Hey Greg...

Does this thread mean you are on the verge of a return to the LC fold?? :steer:

I mean...come on! :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Hey Greg...

Does this thread mean you are on the verge of a return to the LC fold?? :steer:

I mean...come on! :hillbilly:

I’m biding my time until the 300 rolls out and I hope to be first in line for one... 😁

Might be picking up a GX460 tomorrow to hold me over.

I’m biding my time until the 300 rolls out and I hope to be first in line for one... 😁

Nice choice. We love ours. So easy to drive around. They had all their crazy deals in December though. We got $9k off msrp.

Nice choice. We love ours. So easy to drive around. They had all their crazy deals in December though. We got $9k off msrp.

+1
@Romer ‘s daughter was tail-gunning in her built 460 at Cruise Moab last April and that thing was no joke offroad. She’s a good driver, too.

Maybe we can temporarily add 300’s to this forum...
Otherwise you might be a lonely member of the actually-wheeled-300 section of ONE. Haha

Maybe we can temporarily add 300’s to this forum...
Otherwise you might be a lonely member of the actually-wheeled-300 section of ONE. Haha

300 series revealed:

300 series revealed:

I meant...let the 200 forum be temporary home to 300 drivers when the first few are sold. :) Otherwise they’ll lonely for some time...

We have at least a year before they go on sale.
Oh I know... Just messing with Canyonero bc he sold his nicely built 200 last year, and in my head I was placing bets how long til he had withdrawal symptoms. :hillbilly: Also thinking the continuous waiting must suck more with no Cruiser in the meantime. Hehe

Oh I know... Just messing with Canyonero bc he sold his nicely built 200 last year, and in my head I was placing bets how long til he had withdrawal symptoms. :hillbilly: Also thinking the continuous waiting must suck more with no Cruiser in the meantime. Hehe

Well, the resale is so good on the LC and LX I wouldn't own anything else. On models 5 years or older, depreciation per Autotrader is only a few thousand dollars a year. Plus, this is the last Land Cruiser with a big V8 you will be able to buy.

Last edited:

300 series revealed:

That link is at least a little confusing. The link in the article takes you to a picture of what seems to be the GX/ overseas Land cruiser prado redesign, which makes sense since that truck is due for an update.

I don’t believe the article had any information about the upcoming 300.

That article is 6 years old, and technology has improved massively in that amount of time. The Tesla Model X and 3 weren't even a thing when this article was released to show how much has changed in the auto landscape.

Is this better? A little more applicable than sub 2.0 turbo motors in sedans.

There's definitely a balancing act when you start putting 4 cylinder motors into full size-ish vehicles. I think most would agree that Ford in their V6s gets it "most right." And obviously use is going to have drastic differences in economy for turbo motors, unloaded it could be great, but under heavy loads like towing, not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom