300 Series Land Cruiser wish list *Toyota Please Read* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More focus on long term reliability and durability and less on tech and expensive doo dads.
Lose some weight and trim the body up.
Coil springs.
Less plastic.
Leather trim? Get the lexus.
Cloth seats
manual mechanical sliders for HVAC. Cheap and will last forever.
No screens (OK, tack on a small screen for the mandated backup cam, but make it removable).
Simple Bluetooth capable radio...No reason I should have to use a screen to change radio stations. And won't cost $7k when it glitches. Everyone's phone is a better GPS too.
NA powerplant. Cheaper, more reliable. Robust and run on reg unleaded. Lose some weight and it won't need 400hp.
Manual trans. (wish list right?)
Lever actuated T case
Mechanical locker....removes the need for at least one ECU.
Slider rear cargo windows
Gate/bumper mounted spare
Sturdy front bumper (or design for aftermarket with out hacking so much plastic)
Don't waste time with laughable "heritage" editions......just make it more in the spirt of the actual Land Cruiser heritage and there won't be any confusion of what it actually is and what its for.

The sequoia and LX can fill in for all the mall crawlers and luxury fan boys

If they bring out another model to compete with Jeep and the Bronco I sure hope it's nothing like a rebranded FJC.

If they bring out another model to compete with Jeep and the Bronco I sure hope it's nothing like a rebranded FJC.
Meeee tooo.

I hope it harkens back to the history of the Land Cruiser 78 series with modern amenities and improvements.

1. Removable top (hello Alu-Cab Hercules Rooftop Conversion, or Ursa Minor)
2. Locking front and rear diff
3. Better crawl ratios
4. Better approach and departure angles than Bronco or Wrangler
5. Push-button disconnecting sway bars
6. Beefier driveline
7. Winch option
8. Factory 35-37" BFG KO2s
9. Slightly larger amount or space to appease overland/van life community.
10. Setting up for huge array of aftermarket support.
11. Easy setup for new lights. (Factory SPOD)
12. Easy cleaning of interior. Rugged, minimal.
13. Possible electrical system already built-in with 2000W inverter to be able to plug-in fridge, other electrical gear. Charge batteries for electric chainsaw, run a vitamix, etc. Maybe even easy way to plug-in a solar panel.
14. Trail turn assist like the Bronco. Where it brakes rear wheel on the side you're turning for a tighter turn radius.

This vehicle should be able to do the Rubicon Trail, and look good doing it.

Meeee tooo.

I hope it harkens back to the history of the Land Cruiser 78 series with modern amenities and improvements.

1. Removable top (hello Alu-Cab Hercules Rooftop Conversion, or Ursa Minor)
2. Locking front and rear diff
3. Better crawl ratios
4. Better approach and departure angles than Bronco or Wrangler
5. Push-button disconnecting sway bars
6. Beefier driveline
7. Winch option
8. Factory 35-37" BFG KO2s
9. Slightly larger amount or space to appease overland/van life community.
10. Setting up for huge array of aftermarket support.
11. Easy setup for new lights. (Factory SPOD)
12. Easy cleaning of interior. Rugged, minimal.
13. Possible electrical system already built-in with 2000W inverter to be able to plug-in fridge, other electrical gear. Charge batteries for electric chainsaw, run a vitamix, etc. Maybe even easy way to plug-in a solar panel.
14. Trail turn assist like the Bronco. Where it brakes rear wheel on the side you're turning for a tighter turn radius.

This vehicle should be able to do the Rubicon Trail, and look good doing it.

I mean, this is what I'm drooling over:

Perfect camper overland vehicle.

If they could make this platform, but even better, I'd be freaking ecstatic.

No, 25 years ago was 1996 or 1997 if you use DOM.
You can get into a very nice Troop Carrier for much less than $30k. As long as you don't go hog-wild like I did.
Have you priced used Tacomas? A 250k mile Troopy for $30k would be a bargain comparatively.
I looked into having an 80 series fully restored, but they want ridiculous money for that.

I'd rather have a brand new platform that's like what I mentioned above with modern updates.

If the Trail Hunter turns out to just be a trim package or something than I'll buy a Warthog Bronco.

I looked into having an 80 series fully restored, but they want ridiculous money for that.

I'd rather have a brand new platform that's like what I mentioned above with modern updates.

If the Trail Hunter turns out to just be a trim package or something than I'll buy a Warthog Bronco.

If that's ridiculous, imagine spending $60k+ on a, brand-new, barebones, small, box van.

Again , as long it’s made in Japan. I am down.
Pls do not make it in USA or Mexico!

salamat shalom!

Again , as long it’s made in Japan. I am down.
Pls do not make it in USA or Mexico!
Theoretically I agree, but if building it in the US or Mexico is what it takes to make the cost viable for the US market, I'll take it. It's not like Tundras are crap - still way better than any other option. And look at the US market alternatives if the LC is not available... Can you name one you'd take over a Guadalajara made LC? For me, I'd be stuck buying old 100 and 200 series LCs or I'd be making substantial compromises in size (4Runner) or both size and comfort (Wrangler).

The 4Runner:
(cuft behind front/second-row seats)
89.7/47.2

The 200:
(cuft behind front/second-row/third-row seats)
82.8/41.4/16.1
Those numbers don't jibe with my eyeballs... wonder if they assume the third row seats are still inside on the LC? The first thing I notice when I step into a 4Runner is how much narrower it feels, both for front row seating and in the cargo area. The length of the cargo area appears roughly the same, but damned if it doesn't look like it would hold less stuff. Plus I can't get a truck without a flip down tailgate.... where would I sit to put on wading boots (fly fishing), hiking boots, and golf shoes?

I imagine the behind second row number is with the third row jump seats stowed and in place on the LC 200. With those third row seats removed the LC definitely has more room behind the second seats. The LC is most definitely wider as well, I own both so I can certainly attest to this.

Last edited:
Those numbers don't jibe with my eyeballs... wonder if they assume the third row seats are still inside on the LC? The first thing I notice when I step into a 4Runner is how much narrower it feels, both for front row seating and in the cargo area. The length of the cargo area appears roughly the same, but damned if it doesn't look like it would hold less stuff. Plus I can't get a truck without a flip down tailgate.... where would I sit to put on wading boots (fly fishing), hiking boots, and golf shoes?

Yeah I'm not totally sure how they're measuring it. Seems weird to me too but I just found those numbers on the Toyota website interesting.

1) Greaseable upper and lower ball joints, bushings, stabilizer links, tie rod ends.
2) Less chrome on the front.
3) Bigger tires.
4) Side mirror buttons on left armrest.
5) Bigger sun visors.
6) Beefier horn.
7) Reverse backup sound.
8) Protected undercarriage cameras.
9) Physical lever for transfer case.
10) Physical lever for locking diffs or air lockers.
11) Old-school “Land Cruiser” badge.
12) Plug n play ready for 2nd battery.
13) Transmission dip stick with fill valve easy to access.
14) Beefier brake rotors.
15) Gauges that showed digital specific values for engine oil level and temp, tranny fluid temps, battery and alternator levels, fuel level, coolant levels and temp, departure and attack angles, etc.
16) Transmission buttons to start in 2nd gear and power mode should be on shifter.
17) Cooler-looking shifters.
18) Water storage with hand-held spray nozzle.
19) Vertical door handles.
20) The most awesome, durable, flexible, real-rubber floor mats that are flush with all sides, that contain a lot of water and crud, and that have spouts by the door to drain.
21) Less obnoxious display and more physical buttons.
22) No bottom-sill storage on front passenger door so my wife can no longer stuff all her trash in it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom