300 Series Land Cruiser wish list *Toyota Please Read* (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I gotta say, I think mine are in operable...if they are actually there. I literally have been cussing up a storm for two years bc they’re always fogged out for most of my morning commute.

This is a trick - you just want to see if we're paying attention, right?:wacky:

I have heated side mirrors in my 2013 LC200, don't you have them in your 2017?

LC200HeatedMirrors_11FEB19_zps5ae0bks4.jpg

HTH

I gotta say, I think mine are in operable...if they are actually there. I literally have been cussing up a storm for two years bc they’re always fogged out for most of my morning commute.

You are turning on the rear window defogger, right?

This is a trick - you just want to see if we're paying attention, right?:wacky:

I have heated side mirrors in my 2013 LC200, don't you have them in your 2017?

LC200HeatedMirrors_11FEB19_zps5ae0bks4.jpg

HTH

You beat me to it...

Even my 2008 has heated side mirrors.

**They are not explicitly indicated, though, and are linked to the same button as the rear window defoggers. So I suspect some owners don’t realize they actually exist.

Interestingly, they turn themselves off after anywhere from 15 to 225(!!) minutes depending on Ambient temps. The manual warns of actually burning yourself if you touch them, so they are designed for fighting seriously cold stuff.

Last edited:
Mine are:
  • Heated side mirrors
  • Sun shades for the rear passenger areas
  • Remove usb plug and add usb-c plugs through out.
  • USB-c plug integrated near the rear view mirror to connect go-pro or driving camera
Are you a US spec LC?
If so, you have heated side mirrors.

USB-C is not difficult to add. You might wanna consider just adding your own.

This is funny because in my other vehicles that are clearly lower on the tier of elite vehicles, they had a specific button for the side windows and when I got my 200 i thought they weren't there. Guess it just makes sense if you doing one, do them all. RTFM for me!

I have a love/hate with trim packages. Sure, I’d like an option to have a normal radio and HVAC controls. Like what was available from 2008-2011. Or not having leather, that would be a plus for me.

But at the same time, I like how in the US, it’s simply.... Land Cruiser.

All the other Toyota’s act like high school kids. All the same underneath, but because they aren’t different, some have to fake the funk with shinny accessories that fool the other kids who are all trying to prove, something.

“Oh, did you see that Pro got shinny shocks from his parents over the summer?”

“Well I herd TRD Sport went down on SR5 at Trail Editions party last weekend.” “Oh shut up!, SR5 doesn’t even have CRAWL control, why would she hook up with SR5 when TRD Off Road was single?”

“Pshh.. SR thinks he’s so cool with his non-color keyed bumper.” “You’re not being unique SR!, it’s called being poor... looser.”

Land Cruiser is like... Sean Connery as 007. Like a three finger neat drink of Wild Turkey. It doesn’t need flashy external crap to prove itself. It doesn’t need to scream it’s meaningless add ons to try and assert some false macho over its peers. It has more tricks up it’s sleeves than the rest, but it hides them till it needs them.

It just strolls in, dignified, calm, cool, collected, powerful. It doesn’t need to try and say it, it just is IT. Then it beats you with experience, steals your girl, and leaves the next morning to kill again.

Anyway, the masses like add ons, and they make automakers a ton of money. So they are here to stay.

However, we need to let go of the factory auxiliary fuel tank idea. It’s illegal to have a fuel cell behind the rear axle in the US.

USB-C would be a nice change. But if it doesn’t have PD, not like it’s better than a wire with usb-a on one end and usb-c on the other. Then where’s the limit? 30 watts for an iPad? 60 watts for a smaller laptop? 100 watts to max out the technology?

So I say to the “Land Cruiser Pro,” to stickers and emblems, and to Wrangler angry eye grills, eBay light bars, and Instagram builds...

Last edited:
Less buttons randomly placed wherever there happened to be room. Seriously why is my CDL button hidden behind the steering wheel (and VSA and side airbag disable)? Why is the center locker not near the 4WD switch?!!?

Less buttons randomly placed wherever there happened to be room. Seriously why is my CDL button hidden behind the steering wheel (and VSA and side airbag disable)? Why is the center locker not near the 4WD switch?!!?

It is on the 2016.

lol, Rob. :hillbilly:

Well put.

I still like my list of modder-friendly wishes, though...
(Somewhere in the middle of my post...)

It is on the 2016.

Yeah, hopefully they don't go backwards in their layout. IIRC they moved the VSA button too. I don't know if the steering wheel heater is still totally invisible from the driver's seat? Nothing like turning off air bags instead of turning on the steering wheel heat :)

I think my gripe is mainly how Toyota designs a vehicle for all markets, then tries to plug-and-play whatever features they want to add, rather than designing an intuitive user experience up front.

Option to display the automatic transmission temp in the MID. Ideally both torque converter and pan, and even oil temp.

Really just make it a "Tow Mode" option button which:
  • Displays A/T temp
  • Enables ECT PWR
  • Limits vehicle to highest non-overdrive gear
  • Extends mirrors outward for towing (yes I want better mirrors)
  • Enables proportional trailer brake controller (yes, you should add one like every US automaker does)
Something I'd really like to see is a 3 speed transfer case. 4Lo for offroad and 4Hi for normal driving of course but also a mid-gear option for towing. Maybe the 8 speed or a 10-speed transmission would negate that need? I still have the 6 speed and a 1.2x transfer case gear I think would put the effective drive ratio similar to running 4.88s

All I want is a bigger fuel tank - for extras, that's it.
I want most people to still not know what I am driving and the rest to still question what is so special about it.
I want Jeepers to keep on Jeepin and Land Rover owners to keep checking for CELs.

Engine options - NA or FI V8, Turbo Diesel V8
Options for solid axle or long travel IFS up front
Full e-lockers
Option to disable stability and traction control in any mode or no install option
Factory accessory options: snorkels, steps/sliders, dual battery set ups, racks, LR fuel tank, armor, off-road and expedition accessories
Factory lift options up to 6"
More diff and transfer gearing options
More tranny gears
Better leather

Own or previously owned Cruisers - 1976, 1997, 1997, 1999, 2002, 2011

Last edited:
I wonder how much warranty costs figure in to their exclusion of offerings.

By leaving, for example, lockers to the after-market, they'll never have to repair one under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom